Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Howdy from Mo!  (Read 3739 times)

Kdk71mgb

• Happy Cooker
Howdy from Mo!
« on: September 24, 2020, 05:57:23 PM »
I've been charcoal advocate all my life growing up in a time before gas grills were introduced. I've be a proud Weber owner for over 40 years. There's no better way to cook outdoors than with charcoal.
I registered a few months back to do some research on a 1970s era grill that I bought years ago from a neighbor. We were visiting over the fence and he noticed the two Weber grills on my patio. He said his wife bought one of those years ago but only used it twice. She said it was "to messy" so she only used it twice and put it in the basement.  What she was doing was when she used it she was washing not only the grill but also all of the interior..... including the lid, ash grate ashes etc.
Anyway its beautiful grill... so much so that I never had the desire to use it myself. I'm lucky that I have 2 grillsthat I use.
So,  I decided that this grill needs to reside with a owner that can appreciate the grill for the specimen it is so it's my intention to put it up for sale here so if you are interested please reply to my listing.

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Re: Howdy from Mo!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 08:09:06 PM »
Welcome to the Club, from St. Louis, @Kdk71mgb  - what part of MO are you from?  Would love to see some pics of that grill....
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 02:44:10 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga. love to see some pics of the grill as well !
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 06:25:16 AM »
Welcome from Virginia Beach, VA.

Kdk71mgb

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 06:39:00 AM »
Sorry, I left out a few details.... I'm in St. Joseph Mo which is also known for the Pony Express and of course Jessie James.
The grill that I have is a jet black 22 1/2". I also have the cover for it as well as an old Wizzard lighter fluid can (empty) that looks great setting next to it.
I have pictures I would like to post but I'm trying to figure out how to do it.  What's the best way?

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
Howdy from Mo!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 09:06:33 AM »
Welcome from Gainesville, Florida

Posting pictures
If your not using TapTalk or WKC app and you ARE using a PC or cell with browser. I do the following

Pick a previous post from a member in the thread you want to add pics to. Click on “quote” and delete all content.

Add you comments, attach pictures and post.

If your only adding pictures, you need to add one character to the comment section.

WKC app works the best and tap talk only allows one pic per comment. You can upgrade tap tap talk to add more pics per post
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 09:22:03 AM by AZ2FL »

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2020, 04:42:33 PM »
Welcome from Arizona!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

View to a Grill

• WKC Brave
    • View to a Grill - YouTube
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2020, 09:06:44 PM »
Hello

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
View to a Grill on YouTube

Kdk71mgb

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2020, 07:16:52 AM »
Here's a few snapshots. I'll try to get it listed on the trading post soon.