Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pre-2000 Performer Touch-n-Go help needed  (Read 630 times)

kirch777

• Happy Cooker
Pre-2000 Performer Touch-n-Go help needed
« on: August 25, 2020, 11:39:40 AM »
In the process of replacing the cleaning blade assembly and have discovered that there are two things I need help with;

1.  A bracket - listed as #22 on the schematic parts diagram - that has no name associated with it (or part).  I think I need this replaced as well and it holds up the ash pan assembly to the underside.

2.  What appears to be large bolt around the bottom that holds the thumb turn bolt for the cleaning blades.  Need this part too.   

Can try and retrofit but feel as if I'm now going down the road of replacing the ash pan assembly as well - and there's nothing wrong with my current one.

Thanks in advance!

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Re: Pre-2000 Performer Touch-n-Go help needed
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 11:47:19 AM »
You don’t need to replace the ash bucket.  The new replacement ash buckets will not fit without some modifications( usually involves hose clamps).  There’s multiple old threads on this site for this topic.  Also, you  can put modern H style sweeps on on old bucket with the bar, but it will also require some modifications.   Again, use the search function to find old threads.  I redid an SSP like yours last spring.  All the info you need is on this site. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SixZeroFour

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 12:14:37 PM »
Hi,

Unfortunatly they dont make the old style cross bars anymore so if you want to keep it original you would need to fabricate a new one yourself (which shouldnt be too difficult...)

And yes you should be able to make a new style set of sweeps work (#7444)
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

kirch777

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 03:25:15 PM »
Thank you to all!!