Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Brand New Mastertouch 22.5"- Chips on the Leg Holes  (Read 881 times)

egxflash

• Happy Cooker
Brand New Mastertouch 22.5"- Chips on the Leg Holes
« on: August 24, 2020, 02:45:43 PM »
Just picked up a black mastertouch from Lowe's and during assembly, noticed each of the stubs for the legs had chipped porcelain. It's nothing huge and the rest of the kettle is pretty flawless but I was wondering if this was common or something I should ask for a replacement bowl.

Curiously, the chips are all towards the middle of the bowl.

They're pretty miniscule and like I said, the rest of the kettle looks fine so I went ahead and proceeded to assemble it and cook on it. But now I'm second guessing if this will be problematic in the future.

Thanks, all.

https://imgur.com/a/ssa7xvC

MANCHAS2020

• Smokey Joe
Re: Brand New Mastertouch 22.5"- Chips on the Leg Holes
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 03:37:10 PM »
Get it Registered with Weber.Com as the Bowl has a ten(10) year guarantee. Also, take it back to Lowes for their help in this situation.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 05:02:03 PM »
You have two choices, 1 register it with Weber and ask for a replacement bowl or 2 put a thin layer of cooking oil on the spots and get it hot. 

Most stores will tell you to contact the manufacturer for any issues as they only sell them.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2020, 05:52:58 PM »
Put oil on it and cook.  It has a 10 year warranty.  If down the line you have a big rust problem you can replace it. You likely won't have a problem and given the location of the blemishes, you will never see them

Sent from my LM-X420 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Brand New Mastertouch 22.5"- Chips on the Leg Holes
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2020, 07:20:36 PM »
Put oil on it and cook.  It has a 10 year warranty.  If down the line you have a big rust problem you can replace it. You likely won't have a problem and given the location of the blemishes, you will never see them

This. 

Those blemishes are, as you said, minuscule. They will not be problematic in the future.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 09:56:25 PM by Bob BQ »
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 03:25:55 AM »
Again, time to cook
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

egxflash

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2020, 08:33:23 AM »
Thanks all. I agree that they do seem miniscule and my wife has often says I am too picky when it  comes to these things so I decided at the time to continue with the assembly. I cooked some wings on it the next day and it performed flawlessly.

I did email Weber and they are sending a replacement bowl. They, surprisingly, got back to me very quickly (like after a day).

I guess I have a backup bowl should this one decide to rust.