Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Master- Touch Premium 22’ for Sale in US  (Read 2127 times)

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
Re: Weber Master- Touch Premium 22’ for Sale in US
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2020, 07:29:38 PM »
Also the WHEELS are a great part number to find.  They actually slide onto the triangle, you use a securing pin to keep them from popping off, and then there is a small Hub cap to hide the securing pin.  Regular triangles should be easy to make work by drilling a hole for the securing pin. 
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2020, 07:41:54 PM »
These are the schematics and parts list for the Euro version 17301004.  The US version is 17301001 and the schematics and parts list is not on Webers website just yet.  A quick google search of the part number for the wheels makes me believe that the only way you can get them and probably any other specific parts is from Weber directly.  I wonder if they might take a stance that they won't ship out the parts unless you actually have one registered.
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2020, 08:40:14 PM »
If you are from the anti-drilling wing of the wkc and twitch when things aren't stock then this is a good deal! I expected it to be more expensive if they released it here.

As a younger kettlehead I would have jumped on this but with my current situation of weber's>space.  Plus the fact that my version of thinning the heard was selling 3  of my keepers. I think I would just add the unknown bbq hinge and an aura cooking system to one of the colored 90s kettles I can't let go of. Grates are $100 but you get the split grates and split stone. They are very heavy gauge and that was a nice surprise. Then $50 hinge and you are pretty much there.

This is a sweet all in one cooker and I am all on board with Weber releasing to our market again but this one isn't for me. 1st used one I see in a year or 2 will probably be broken down for parts and projects.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO - CMist Go Anywhere, the cheif, yellow

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2020, 04:47:18 AM »
I really feel like if they wanted to do this they should have looked at the past One Touch Platinum for inspiration.  If they repositioned the hinge to be directly in the back and dropped it into a similar cart with the side tables being able to flip down then man I might have been tempted.

The other aspect of this is the placement of the vent by putting it where they have it, you literally need to cook the same way every time.  Coals in front right, meat in back left.  Also seems like a bad setup when you are reaching over the coals to get to the meat when you need to.  If they put the vent directly on top like the 2012 OTP it would have given more flexibility.

Weber, you hit it out of the park with the 26 GB, all the color MT's and even the colored SJ's.  This one, I am not buying in.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2020, 05:26:57 AM »
Also the WHEELS are a great part number to find.  They actually slide onto the triangle, you use a securing pin to keep them from popping off, and then there is a small Hub cap to hide the securing pin.  Regular triangles should be easy to make work by drilling a hole for the securing pin.

Same wheels that were on the red LE a while back.  It's the only one I've seen with cotter pins used to keep the wheels on and a hole drilled in the axle.  I took mine off my LE and may use them for something else, we'll see.

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2020, 06:37:16 AM »
Now that you mention it I don't think I actually removed my wheels on the red LE I picked up used. I just transfered them to another kettle. Might have to look for the other part number.

Same wheels that were on the red LE a while back.  It's the only one I've seen with cotter pins used to keep the wheels on and a hole drilled in the axle.  I took mine off my LE and may use them for something else, we'll see.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2020, 06:45:41 AM »

"The other aspect of this is the placement of the vent by putting it where they have it, you literally need to cook the same way every time.  Coals in front right, meat in back left.  Also seems like a bad setup when you are reaching over the coals to get to the meat when you need to.  If they put the vent directly on top like the 2012 OTP it would have given more flexibility.

Weber, you hit it out of the park with the 26 GB, all the color MT's and even the colored SJ's.  This one, I am not buying in."
[/quote]

Vent is over the wheel so the fire would be off to the right slightly in front with the vent in the back left.

I am still happy with my vent placement in the front but I can tell you it isn't always fun getting coal in the back. (part of that is because the tables and this one wouldn't have those) I am not a fan of the centered vent on the platinum. I most smoke and cook indirect and that middle vent just didn't work for me. On an 18 or just for burgers and chicken breast it was fine but dialed in drunk smoking just didn't work out for me.

Would have been sweet if the matched the lid holes for the front handle and where the hinge connects so you could choose atleast left or right where your vent goes.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 06:50:23 AM by Red_5_Wrangler »
ISO - CMist Go Anywhere, the cheif, yellow

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2020, 08:33:03 AM »
Not a single must-have feature so it's a hard pass for me.

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2020, 11:02:54 AM »
I am glad they are releasing this, as many will likely enjoy this option.  But, the hinge is not for me...limits flexibility/options of the grill.  I am disappointed they will not sell components separately and we cannot have charcoal ring and diffuser plate unless we buy the entire grill.  As it is, I'll stick with the Weber grills and after market products I already have and pass on the new MT. 

Sent from my LM-X420 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 11:04:30 AM by Foster Dahlet »
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2020, 04:11:14 PM »
Glad to see it sold here. I have no desire for one.

In order to avoid selling my 2010 Platinum, I brought it to a friend's house where I cook on it at least once/week. Didn't take long before I replaced that lid with one from a WW parts kettle. I came to hate that centered vent, and the huge handle. :)

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 04:30:09 AM by charred »
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

Lilyankee

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2020, 06:49:11 PM »
Cool features, and look, but not one I’m going to purchase. At least not new.  I don’t know about you all, but with switching grate configurations around and adding and subtracting accessories, I’m constantly spinning the lid to direct exhaust across the food properly with where coal is positioned for different setups. Having the fixed hinged lid would not allow this. Funny OCD thing for the newer kettles, but wheels go on the left, lid rolls into lid bail on left and right hand runs the tongs. This one is all wrong and cannot be changed... [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk