Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 70"s Sears/Kenmore kettle  (Read 933 times)

Cellar2ful

70"s Sears/Kenmore kettle
« on: July 24, 2020, 08:03:11 PM »
Picked up this red Sears/Kenmore kettle this week off FB Marketplace.  Happy Cooker manufactured these kettles for Sears in the 70's. Sometime in the the 80's Happy Cooker ceased manufacturing, settling a lawsuit by Weber for Patent infringement. Somewhere along it's life, this one has had it's wheels replaced with a set of Weber wheels from the 70's.  The legs on these are prone to rust as they are steel not aluminum. 

*Happy Cooker information source - http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=3740.0

The legs attach by a bolt through the leg socket and attached with a wing nut.  There was no need for a twist on ash pan as these came with internal ash pans that fit inside the bowl, below the charcoal grate.  These IAP (internal ash pans) are a heavily sought after item by vintage Weber collectors as they make it much easier to clean out the ashes when using vintage kettles that have daisy wheel vents on the bowl.

I'll be firing it up tomorrow to see if there is a color change of the red porcelain.  I expect it will.

Thanks to @brewtownbeatdown for help in identifying this kettle and it's wheels.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 08:06:39 PM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Fat Tony

• WKC Brave
Re: 70"s Sears/Kenmore kettle
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 08:10:09 PM »
Wow! Awesome score! Looking forward to seeing pics of her!

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

bladz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 03:56:07 AM »
Very cool Jim!  I love the patina on those steel legs.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 04:38:01 AM »
Nice score

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2020, 07:43:11 AM »
Grate score!!!  Be careful going down the HC rabbit hole...I know from experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2020, 05:11:01 PM »
Wow  that looks nice.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2020, 04:08:49 PM »
I wish it would accept weber style handles, I would sent you the Kenmore set for it!