Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Summit kettle  (Read 2152 times)

Kloeshuman

• Smokey Joe
Weber Summit kettle
« on: July 18, 2020, 05:45:35 PM »
So I work at a Ace Hardware..today we had a Summit Kettle go out that someone bought....OMG! What a grill! But at $1999.00 it should be...I was really impressed
Im in love....but still have my mind so I wont be making any stupid moves

Sent from my SM-A750G using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Huh??

• Smokey Joe
Re: Weber Summit kettle
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 07:23:20 PM »
Good to know they're still selling new ones. I'm starting to think I'll have to find a way to get one someday.

Scogin

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 08:17:51 PM »
Great looking grills, wish my local Ace sold them so I could stalk it for a mark down.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 02:38:37 AM »
Our local Ace store doesn't have even a floor model.  I talked shop with the department manager and he was tried to get the store to have them in stock because he genuinely believes it would sell as good or better than green egg but hasn't had any luck.  I still don't understand Aces obsession with Big Green Egg.  The profit  margins on them are next to nothing, they are overpriced with everything being a $50 add on, and I would say it isn't even the best ceramic cooker available these days. 

The profit margins on the Summit aren't great either though and for smaller Ace stores the demographics probably don't support keeping them because there is only X% of people in an income bracket that will pay $1500 to $2000 for a grill.  This makes it highly likely that whatever they do get in stock will be clearanced when the next model comes out.

I think the last Summit I saw on markdown was like 6 plus hours away.  It was probably 25% off.  It was getting close enough that had it been local I may have jumped on it.  When it starts pushing 40% off or more they don't last.  I have never seen one that discounted, but I know it happens based on a few brag posts and resellers occasionally having them up for sale.
Great looking grills, wish my local Ace sold them so I could stalk it for a mark down.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Scogin

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2020, 06:20:47 AM »
It would be nice to see one in person either way, hard to pull the trigger on anything that expensive when I can't get a feel for it in person.

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2020, 07:02:31 AM »
Where are you located? There is a decent chance that someone would be local within a few hours and be willing to let you take a look. Everyone here tends to be pretty helpful as long as you pay it forward.
It would be nice to see one in person either way, hard to pull the trigger on anything that expensive when I can't get a feel for it in person.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

tibas92017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2020, 07:12:14 AM »
Looks-Like a souped-up Weber Performer Deluxe at a premium price. However, if I had a ample amount of "Plata" I would buy one in a minute!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 07:21:04 AM by tibas92017 »

Scogin

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2020, 09:45:00 AM »
Central Illinois, never thought about that.

Ashley Coalburn

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2020, 10:08:29 AM »
Looks-Like a souped-up Weber Performer Deluxe at a premium price. However, if I had a ample amount of "Plata" I would buy one in a minute!

Quite a bit more than that. Dual walled for heat retention, 24", plenty of other amenities. I came close and decided on a Performer instead, very happy with the grill, but the Summit looms large...

Kloeshuman

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2020, 02:09:14 PM »
The guy picked up his grill today, but I got a few pics of it before it left....stainless gormat bbq grates,gasket on the lid, double wall on the lid, the top vent you can tilt up so its all the way Open...or close and use normal...so many nice things..
Will try to post pics

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2020, 03:25:36 PM »

So I work at a Ace Hardware..today we had a Summit Kettle go out that someone bought....OMG! What a grill! But at $1999.00 it should be...I was really impressed
Im in love....but still have my mind so I wont be making any stupid moves

which ace hardware? I got to talking to my local ace guy (43015) and turns out he is kettlehead. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

Kain

• WKC Ranger
Weber Summit kettle
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2020, 02:18:12 PM »
Best grill purchase to date! Hands down won’t regret the spend if you get one.
If you want pictures of it all let me know

Kloeshuman

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2020, 02:35:51 PM »
A few pics I took before it left

Scogin

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2020, 04:22:59 PM »
I might have to start saving a little every check for next summer purchase, I think it'll be the 5th year of the Summit Charcoals, wonder if they could possibly have a special edition in the works. [emoji848]

Kain

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2020, 12:36:40 AM »

I might have to start saving a little every check for next summer purchase, I think it'll be the 5th year of the Summit Charcoals, wonder if they could possibly have a special edition in the works. [emoji848]

Don’t say that! I’d have to get another [emoji23]