Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My first SSP and a few missing parts.  (Read 1020 times)

smokster

• WKC Brave
My first SSP and a few missing parts.
« on: July 21, 2020, 04:47:04 PM »
I scored this today (free), but it is missing the; gas hose, 5# tank, and the metal plate that has lighting info.
Any ideas for finding these parts ?
Or other ideas ???

Sent from my SM-T720 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
Re: My first SSP and a few missing parts.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 05:42:01 PM »
You can either buy a new 5# tank and get a quick release adapter or you will have to hunt for a use done and get it recertied.

The others you will probably need to get from members. I'll have some, I'll be in touch.

Grate Red Mist

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO - CMist Go Anywhere, the cheif, yellow

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 01:27:25 AM »
Just throwing this out there that you don’t necessarily have to replace those parts. Many folks use lighter cubes and forgo the gas assist.

I prefer the lighter cubes in fact.

Maybe you really want it and that’s cool too.

I just remember back when I got the bug thinking everything had to be perfect. That was probably 20 or so performers ago.

I never did score a sweet red mist sap though.

Congrats,  I think that’s the most aesthetically pleasing Performer Weberhas ever produced!
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Mazz

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 10:51:35 AM »
I restored my old SS Performer. I used the regulator/hose unit from the current model and use the 1 lb disposable cylinders. The instruction panel on mine was all scrap. Filled the void with a shallow pan.