Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Saved -inches from death  (Read 835 times)

RockHead

• Happy Cooker
Saved -inches from death
« on: June 17, 2020, 04:57:43 AM »

A true save. Yesterday I went to the town transfer station to toss an old storm door in the metal recycling skip. Sitting there was this 22" kettle, complete and old enough to vote as it turns out. DU=2002. It just needs a bit of a clean and probably a new grate. Has some scars- a few dings in the lid, and one good scratch, but no reason it won't cook just fine.

My fiance said "What do you need it for? Resell?"
"Uh, yeah. Maybe. But I have to cook on it a bit first."

I have a WSM 18 & 14 at my house, and a Weber Spirit 3-burner gasser. WSM Mini at her house, and I think there's another Smokey Joe kicking around in her shed. Jumbo Joe/Jimmy smoker conversion in process. She just scored a free Weber 3-burner gasser (Newer Spirit? Summit??) from a neighbor who was trashing it because the igniter doesn't work. She even gave us the new igniter. I haven't been there to see it and install the new igniter yet.

No kettles in the family, until today, so it's for sure staying. We'll pass along my old trash-picked Weber Silver 3-burner gasser with cast-iron grates that's currently at her house, and we'll still be well ahead. I'm just figuring what I've spent on all of this Weber gear, it's probably < $300. Much if it trash-picked or snagged for pennies online.

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
Re: Saved -inches from death
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 05:00:14 PM »
That's awesome. Grate save! Of course you need a full size kettle to cook on in addition to the rest!

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 12:42:33 AM »
NICE!

Sent from my SM-S260DL using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

regards,
Hal

rc

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 02:47:56 AM »