Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My recent save and some questions  (Read 385 times)

CaptainEd

• Happy Cooker
My recent save and some questions
« on: June 08, 2020, 07:14:35 AM »
My brother was about to give up on this one because the cart was beyond repair, so he gave it to me.

I've looked at the age guide page, and it appears to be a Sequoia, but it has a plastic handle (I'll change that out eventually).

The inside "lips" for the grate measure 21.5" across, and I was able to find a 21.5" grate at Lowe's which fits perfectly, but they also have 22" grates that I'm thinking are going to be a hair too big.  Was there ever a 21.5" kettle?

I'd like to find a bracket or hook that would work to hang the lid on (it has a hook in it) but haven't found anything searching the forum that I could mount to the cart.  Ultimately, I may end up building a set of handles for mobility and integrate a place to park the lid if I don't find anything.

Comments and suggestions welcome.  The cart was built from materials saved from the dumpster at a couple of my job sites, except the cedar top.  To get the look on the top, the boards were charred, then scrubbed down with a wire brush, then stained, and finally finished with Watco Teak Oil.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: My recent save and some questions
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 07:41:58 AM »
nice work, the bowl and lid appear original, the handle has been changed. Nice work on your new table
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

CaptainEd

• Happy Cooker
Re: My recent save and some questions
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2020, 07:48:20 AM »
Thanks.  I'll ask my brother if he changed it out over the years.  He got this one, and others on trade when he was a weber dealer.  Heck, lots of folks gave him their old grills when they had a new one delivered.  I believe this was one of them.  The table isn't quite done.  It's getting a lower half-shelf, some tool hangers and of course a bottle opener.  I'm noodling how to hang the grate and lid off of it as well.