Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Must Have Accessory  (Read 2006 times)

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
Must Have Accessory
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2020, 05:10:31 AM »
I hardly ever use a chimney. But I do have one. Don’t have an sns. I usually do a middle drip pan coals on each side. Just works for me. Most important...have fun! Enjoy yourself. Welcome too Weber charcoal grilling.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Walchit

• WKC Performer
Re: Must Have Accessory
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2020, 05:13:36 AM »

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2020, 05:20:58 AM »
If this is your first charcoal grill I would stay away from accessories for now. Just learn the different zone methods of cooking as well as actual grilling direct over the coals. Learn the cooker out of the box then see what you need for your cooking style and expected results.

Lots of folks say rotisserie but you can spatchcock a chicken and still have a nice juicy bird.

Many will say Slow n Sear or other smoking accessories but the snake method is pretty stable and foolproof.

The biggest thing that helped me was a fast instant read thermometer. Cooking meat by x minutes per side is plain silly to me. Use a good instant read like the Thermoworks MK4 and you’ll have some good results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2020, 05:23:34 AM »
Here are some things I would buy.

Necessary and also for safety.
1. A good set of grill tools.
2. Charcoal chimney.
3. High temp grill gloves or welder gloves so you aren't burning yourself when handling the chimney, removing grates, or cleaning/moving coals.
4. Go to thermoworks and buy an instant read thermometer so you aren't over cooking or worse poisening people with under cooked food. I have the MK4 and love it. Even use it indoors.
5. Stainless steel grill cleaning tool that has coiled wire instead of individual wires that can fall out and get stuck in food.
6. Charcoal Tongs. SnS has a set.
7. Grill cover.

Luxury Items Based on Your Preference
1. SnS and all of there accessories.
2. Roti from Cajun Bandit.
3. Pizza Kettle and Accessories.
4. Vortex from Owens BBQ. 
5. Smoker Ring Kettle Kit from Cajun Bandit.
6. Probe Thermometer from Thermoworks.  The Smoke, Smoke X, or Signals. The last two work with their Air controller Billows.
7. Stainless steel grates from KillaGrilla.

Most good accessories come from reputable companies.  All of the above I mentioned here you can search and find glowing reviews.  The accessory rabbit hole can go deep, but I say spend a little extra for the quality so you aren't buying it again later or getting frustrated because it doesn't work.  Just take your time and learn by doing, watching videos, and visiting the sections on the forum.  The food will already taste way better than if you had used gas. [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2020, 09:34:03 AM »
I'd like to emphasize the importance of a fast instant read thermometer. Food safety is no joke and if the $99 price tag scares you just think of what a trip to the hospital is going to cost. Get on the mailing list for promotions from thermoworks. I've seen clearance sales for MK3 thermapens at $59.

Quality thermometers with improve your results more than any other accessory IMO. Without em your just guessing and your learning curve will be really long.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2020, 09:47:29 AM »
I vote instant read and start cooking. The rest will sort itself out later.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2020, 05:17:24 PM »
Matches or a lighter.
regards,
Hal

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2020, 06:04:40 PM »