Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Merryland and wings  (Read 1654 times)

Fisho84

• Smokey Joe
Merryland and wings
« on: April 20, 2020, 05:13:05 PM »
G'day all,

if I was to fill the charcoal ring full of hot charcoal remove the water pan and cook up some chicken wings and merryland pieces would that still be a hot and fast cook like a vortex in a kettle or due to the heat difference would this be lower and slower?

thanks for the feed back

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
Re: Merryland and wings
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 05:18:30 PM »
It wont be a vortex cook but it will work well...

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 05:23:40 PM »
What are merryland pieces?  So your talking about a Weber Smokey mountain?  It makes some of the best wings I’ve ever had. Remove the water pan and cook on the top rack only and flip every twenty minutes. Takes around an hour to 1.5 hours but very good. Nowhere near the heat of a vortex but better imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 06:26:37 PM »
Noice. Wuda Ben noice of ya ta put in pichas.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Fisho84

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 06:39:39 PM »
What are merryland pieces?  So your talking about a Weber Smokey mountain?  It makes some of the best wings I’ve ever had. Remove the water pan and cook on the top rack only and flip every twenty minutes. Takes around an hour to 1.5 hours but very good. Nowhere near the heat of a vortex but better imo.

Meryland pieces is the drumstick and thigh as one piece, yes it will be done the WSM

Fisho84

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2020, 04:59:09 PM »

thanks man cooked them last Friday turned out bloody awesome thanks