Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Preformer SS (about 1992??)--propane system issues  (Read 397 times)

dt2020

• Happy Cooker
Preformer SS (about 1992??)--propane system issues
« on: April 25, 2020, 01:20:21 PM »
Tried to refill my propane tank with the quick-connect system and the bottled expired. The new bottle from the RV store (where I got the last replacement) doesn't come with the built in quick-connect system.  Is there a way to connect this new bottle to the present burner assist system?? If not what is the best option to still have the ability to light the charcoal via the propane burner??  Is there a video that would help me (I'm not a great DIY guy)? TIA
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 01:22:05 PM by dt2020 »

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Re: Preformer SS (about 1992??)--propane system issues
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 02:30:22 PM »
Maybe post some pics of the connections you are having problems with.  Take a look at the old tank & the new tank.  If there is a quick connect, part of the quick connect is probably on the old tank and you'll need to swap it out.

As far as the old 5 gallon tank goes, DO NOT THROW IT AWAY!  Call some of the family owned sort of propane places (smaller places where propane is basically all they do, like where Hank Hill works) and ask if they can recertify tanks.  If they can, ask if there is a charge if you are also filling up the tank.  One by me will recertify for free if you fill up the tank.  Others may charge something, but it is cheaper than a new tank.
regards,
Hal