Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 3 wheel vent kettle cooking and cleaning  (Read 1722 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
3 wheel vent kettle cooking and cleaning
« on: June 22, 2013, 08:36:39 AM »
I have really only used One touch kettles, Obviously it is more convenient but it has its flaws.  How to you like cooking and cleaning on a 3 wheeler?
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 08:48:42 AM »
Clean up is a bit more work, I use a small dust pan brush and sweep it out. I enjoy the air flow it provides though. I'm still getting the hang of it but they are pretty cool to cook on. 

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: 3 wheel vent kettle cooking and cleaning
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 08:51:54 AM »

The angle of where the lower vents sit is just perfect by me.....even if you have a lot of ash, it will generally fall thru with no prodding.....this is last nite.....

Personal preference for low heat.....I sometimes have a hard time pinching down the One Touch just right & they allow air to enter higher up in the kettle.......makes a difference, just an opinion./.....

Cleaning is a bit harder, but just a scoop (I use plastic garden hand shovel) & maybe a brush....
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 09:09:29 AM »
For cleanup, one touch wins but for temperature control and cooking I prefer the daisy vents. So it's worth the extra 120 seconds to clean up ash.

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
Re: 3 wheel vent kettle cooking and cleaning
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 01:48:54 PM »
Can you get the same high temps in the daisy wheel as you can in the OT for doing high heat roasts?
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 03:43:26 PM »

Can you get the same high temps in the daisy wheel as you can in the OT for doing high heat roasts?

When all 4 vents (top and bottom) are open, it can get up to 450-500 in there with a full load (chimney) of charcoal.