Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: **** Please help me identify this Vintage Weber BBQ ****  (Read 749 times)

NorCal

• Happy Cooker
**** Please help me identify this Vintage Weber BBQ ****
« on: April 14, 2020, 02:19:34 PM »
Hello everyone, I was given this BBQ in unused condition about 5 years ago. I have decided to move on and want to sell it accurately. According to Weber's online info it has a 1979 date code (A), and a late 1979 catch pan (rolled). When I look up 22" grills in 1979 I don't see a Copper color option. The only color option is Chocolate. I was told my listing was not accurate, it is copper and not chocolate. Possible special order? I wasn't alive at the time so maybe some of you really smart enthusiasts can help, HaHa Thank you!

1spacemanspiff

• WKC Ranger
Re: **** Please help me identify this Vintage Weber BBQ ****
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 02:34:12 PM »
That's a nice kettle.  You are correct that it is and A code(1979) and the color is Chocolate.  Many people call them by the nickname "brownie".  I copied this bit from another thread on the same topic:

Technically, yes name wise they were changed from Copper Mist over to Chocolate in 1977-78. The base color evolved during the run as well. Chocolate brown kettles have a little more of a vibrant base color like caramel. Copper Mists have more of a terra cotta/ brown refrigerator circa 1970 color. Having said that at the end of the day we all refer to these as brown or more often, brownies regardless of year, Mist/fade level, shade of brown, MBH, 3 Wood, One Touch etc. Copper Mist and Chocolate kettles are among my favorite colors behind red. Their so close in color at first glance that referring to them either way is fine.  It's when you pair up a 1970 brown next to a 1981 brown side by side that you will see a difference. Both are sweet browns in their own way.

The newer color (non two tone) is copper.
ISO Yellow Offset SJ, Yellow ranger

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 02:54:11 PM »

randy

• WKC Ranger
**** Please help me identify this Vintage Weber BBQ ****
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 03:37:23 PM »
What are you asking for the brownie? I may be in the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 11:42:16 PM »
She's a beauty!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app