Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 1995 Black MT Restoration Thread  (Read 1708 times)

MartyG

• WKC Performer
1995 Black MT Restoration Thread
« on: June 22, 2013, 06:22:09 AM »
Planning to document the process, but wanted to post these "artistic" shots as a precursor to the more typical photos to come. As much as I like NIB kettles, there's something about the anticipation of bringing an old workhorse back to life that I find very appealing. This kettle is in pretty good shape, nothing special, but it is black, and has no major chips, dents or other flaws. Price was $25. Will need a new charcoal grate and OT system. I have a couple of Brian's handles that I'll use. Can't wait to begin!

This one really reminds me of the moon photos from orbit. "Uhh, Houston, we just flew over something a little strange: 4 symmetrical craters that appear to lead into the core. Definitely not a natural formation. Almost like a venting system of some kind."
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 07:16:37 AM by MartyG »

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: 1995 Black MT Restoration Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 06:23:46 AM »
Can't wait to see the finished product. I have a place in my heart for the mastertouch grill for no other reason than I like 'em a lot
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 07:12:43 AM »
Can't wait to see the finished product. I have a place in my heart for the mastertouch grill for no other reason than I like 'em a lot

Yes, the MT is a great kettle. I especially like the black ones especially since they seem to be less common. Can't wait to see the progress, Marty
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

javahog2002

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 12:57:37 PM »
Planning to document the process, but wanted to post these "artistic" shots as a precursor to the more typical photos to come. As much as I like NIB kettles, there's something about the anticipation of bringing an old workhorse back to life that I find very appealing. This kettle is in pretty good shape, nothing special, but it is black, and has no major chips, dents or other flaws. Price was $25. Will need a new charcoal grate and OT system. I have a couple of Brian's handles that I'll use. Can't wait to begin!

This one really reminds me of the moon photos from orbit. "Uhh, Houston, we just flew over something a little strange: 4 symmetrical craters that appear to lead into the core. Definitely not a natural formation. Almost like a venting system of some kind."

You paid $25.00 for that POS.  Hmmmmm.  :o
SSP '00-WSM 18.5-WSM 22.0-'90 MT-Hasty Bake Cado

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 01:27:10 PM »
Oh ye of little faith...