Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Boneless, skinless chicken breast dry, tough? Not so my friend.  (Read 1247 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
I followed Jamie Purviance's advice here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLg070d3E2w

I had to swap lime juice for lemon juice for my marinade but the rest was similar.

However, lacking a shiny new megabuck Weber Genesis or Summit I used my shiny old cheap Smokey Joe.

Coals on one side, I guess no more than 10. In the video I think he said to only let the first side cook for about 4 minutes and check it. Before I could blink, 6 minutes had gone by, I poked the chicken and decided to flip. No sticking! Huzzah! (Veg oil on the grill prior helped.) Another 3 minutes or so, and this:

Only one's for me. Did you want the other one?

Didn't have the asparagus either so I threw some frozen mixed veggies on the stove with some blue agave. The only red pepper I had (again, inspired by the video) was too small to grill and so I cut it up and added it to leftover baked beans:

Over the winter I thought I'd nailed how to do this in a little convection oven, even preserving some juiciness. But nothing compares to what I cooked tonight. Very tender! (Was it using a marinade for an hour? I used to never bother.)
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Boneless, skinless chicken breast dry, tough? Not so my friend.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 03:46:28 PM »
Good vid.....

"Don't fiddle with the chicken"

Yours Look Terrific !!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 03:53:21 PM »
Looks very good, very juicy looking!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 06:35:50 PM »
Looks outstanding!
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Boneless, skinless chicken breast dry, tough? Not so my friend.
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 06:59:07 PM »
That's a great looking breast(aren't they all!) nice cook sir! Add this to the list to try.

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 05:24:07 PM »
I do these all the time and I can see yours were perfection!