Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hot and Fast Saturday Brisket  (Read 624 times)

sonofabutcher

• WKC Brave
Hot and Fast Saturday Brisket
« on: February 29, 2020, 04:21:27 PM »
Found a decent 12lb brisket the other day from Costco. Trimmed it up last night and mixed up a simple injection of beef consommé , worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, dash of brown sugar , and a dash of red wine vinegar. Let it sit over night in my cambro with ice in the bottom. This morning a hour prior to smoking , I seasoned it liberally with Killer Hog’s TX Rub. First 2 1/2 hours on the Wsm  with oak wood at 350 degrees. After my bark bark was good and set , I put  it in a hotel pan and covered with foil with a 1/4 cup of beef consommé. Finished it on the pellet grill set at 300 while I did yard work. It was probe tender at 208 with a total cook time of 6 hours and 15 minutes. 2 hour rest in the cambro then sliced. Good smoke flavor , decent bark , juicy, and super tender. Since I tried the H&F method last year I haven’t cooked a low and slow one since.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Re: Hot and Fast Saturday Brisket
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 07:40:57 PM »
Beautiful brisket!  My favorite bbq to cook.  Nice job with the hot and fast.  I’ve really got my lns method down for brisket.  Time to try this out.  Thanks for the inspiration. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sonofabutcher

• WKC Brave
Re: Hot and Fast Saturday Brisket
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 11:18:33 AM »

Beautiful brisket!  My favorite bbq to cook.  Nice job with the hot and fast.  I’ve really got my lns method down for brisket.  Time to try this out.  Thanks for the inspiration. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks , Brisket and beef short ribs are my favorite to Bbq. Nothing wrong with a low and slow one of you got the time. H&F method is definitely worth having in your Bbq arsenal. I catered a wedding once last year for 120 quests with brisket and accidentally slept through my alarm so I had to resort to H&F to make it in time.  I was very thankful I had that experience to make it all work.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club