Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Happy and Brave to let this Grill go !!  (Read 1736 times)

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Happy and Brave to let this Grill go !!
« on: December 19, 2019, 02:50:59 AM »
I spent a few years and a few bucks collecting my '75 brownie collection and it was fun. First got the NIB Warrior which required no travel just cash LOL . Got a shot at a Chief but was 120 miles one way, loaded up the the big coffee cup and headed out one Saturday morning and was happy. Now I "need a brave" A 75 brave pops up in Virginia, can't remember who turned me on to this one but thanks ! I reach out to the seller and my daughter who is stationed in Quantico. I didn't really pay attention to where the grill was in relation to my daughter. I hook up the seller and my daughter and they handled the rest. She meets the original owner who is the sellers Dad. He invites Chelsea in the house once he realizes she's in the military and he is 23 year retired Army. Chelsea calls me before noon on a Saturday and says I got your grill Dad. I ask how bad a drive it was with traffic and all and she says not bad I got an early start and had a big cup of coffee, It was "only 120 miles away" LOL just like my Chief. I have since sent the Chief to @inkaddictedchef1 and now the Brave is headed back to Virginia as a Christmas present for Chelsea and her new family and their new house. She is my favorite Brave agent. Got a pic when we picked it up in Virginia in 2017, and her all cleaned up with a bunch of goodies to go with it. Merry Christmas, giving is fun !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Happy and Brave to let this Grill go !!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 03:08:31 AM »
So cool!  That is an awesome story and a kettle that will really be cherished.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 05:05:25 AM »
I recall the original post when your daughter picked up that Brave.  So cool it’s going back to continue the Weberitis family tradition.  Congrats, Joe, you must be very proud. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 05:20:43 AM »
AUsome story.  Neat to pass on the skills and equipment!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2019, 06:15:31 AM »
I recall the original post when your daughter picked up that Brave.  So cool it’s going back to continue the Weberitis family tradition.  Congrats, Joe, you must be very proud. 

Thanks Charlie I am Very proud
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2019, 06:20:23 AM »
Love, love, LOVE this! The Chief as most of you know has taken his spot at the head of the weber orphanage and is a cherished part if my family. Thanks for making me a part of yous Joe's by being an integral part of it all. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G975U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2019, 08:41:02 AM »
I remember that! So cool of you to give it back. Great story Joe.

In the market for unicorns: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2019, 02:55:49 PM »
Such a great story!!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2019, 04:17:51 PM »
Great story! In the end, we don't own these grills, we just take care of them, until the next caretaker.

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2019, 07:20:15 PM »
This is awesome!
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2019, 01:34:13 AM »
Nice grill and nice to see it passed along! 

At least you made some room for the next one! :)

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Dave in KC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2019, 02:44:29 AM »
Great read.  Thanks

Cellar2ful

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2019, 05:50:59 AM »

What a great legacy kettle story.  I to remember reading your original thread about this kettle. 
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2019, 05:57:27 AM »
That’s awesome Joe!

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2019, 09:29:49 AM »
I also remember the original story and love both stories!  That is awesome Joe!  While I certainly can wait for my daughters to be of the age to move out on their own, I am looking forward to being able to do the same thing as you and pass some kettles on.  I know my wife is looking forward to me passing some kettles on as well!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!