Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Salmon Dinner and Shrimp Tacos  (Read 1256 times)

Duke

• The Duke
Salmon Dinner and Shrimp Tacos
« on: June 15, 2013, 07:34:47 PM »
I picked up some fresh salmon the other day at the farmers market. I didn't want to char fish this nice, so when I get fresh king salmon I usually marinate it in toasted sesame dressing or teriyaki and grill it indirect because it's so fleshy I can barely flip it. You can really taste the difference between farmed and fresh.

Tonight I picked up some garlic shrimp since I didn't have much time to cook today because of work. I also picked up some chicken to throw on after the shrimp for tomorrow though.

Here it is in the basket.

And then plated. I forgot to put the cabbage on for this shot. :(

I thought I would treat myself since I couldn't make the WKC Meet. :'(

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Salmon Dinner and Shrimp Tacos
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 08:21:15 PM »
Looks delicious.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 09:11:54 PM »
I'll take some!  Looks good 8)
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 06:16:03 AM »
Nicely done! We like our corn tortillas like that too, but I got one of these today so we'll try then crunchy style too.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/taco-rack/?pkey=e%7CTaco%2Brack%7C108%7Cbest%7C0%7C1%7C24%7C%7C1&cm_src=NLASEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules-_-

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 06:23:26 AM »
That looks great! Salmon is one of or favorites. I also like "shrimp on the Barby." I skewer both shrimp and asparagus so I can put them right on the grate.
kettles, smokers...