Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Ranch Grill  (Read 1029 times)

rahn112

• Happy Cooker
Weber Ranch Grill
« on: August 19, 2019, 04:24:36 AM »
Hi. I'm considering selling a ranch grill I have. It is in good condition and have a brand new never used grate. It did not have legs when I purchased it so I had stainless steel legs made for it. It does not have wheels. I made new handles for it. I'm guessing it is from the 80's or 90's but that is just a guess. Any idea what it's worth or what I should ask for it?

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber Ranch Grill
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 04:28:23 AM »
Hi. I'm considering selling a ranch grill I have. It is in good condition and have a brand new never used grate. It did not have legs when I purchased it so I had stainless steel legs made for it. It does not have wheels. I made new handles for it. I'm guessing it is from the 80's or 90's but that is just a guess. Any idea what it's worth or what I should ask for it?
Got pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rahn112

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 08:59:46 AM »
I will take some.

rahn112

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 09:38:55 AM »
I've taken pictures but don't know where or how to upload them

rahn112

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 09:42:42 AM »
Found it. Here are the pics. I'm still working on the wood handles. they will be made out of pine. Very workable but not as nice as the ones you buy.

james1787

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 09:44:39 AM »
Man that is once nice looking Ranch!
Seeking either 56-58 anything or Westerner

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2019, 10:05:17 AM »
That’s a nice looking modded Ranch.  Not having the triangle/wheels will price it below complete, original Ranch kettles.  As far as a value, you should figure out how much you’re into it, and research the forum/web to see what similar units tend to go for.  Base your asking price off those two things. 

Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 12:03:12 PM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga I would have to agree with @brewtownbeatdown on all points, as much as it pains me to agree with his 💩 LOL
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2019, 09:24:10 PM »
Welcome from just outside Chicago, IL, I like the look of those custom legs.
I swear, when I score a great deal on a 26" I'll stop buying grills... So often.

rahn112

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2019, 05:39:42 AM »
Just went through all classified's and didn't see anything similar to mine. All newer ones.I will keep researching.

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2019, 08:54:53 AM »
Seeing that it’s designed for wood handles on the lid & bowl, that dates it mid 80’s to 1991.  The bowl dampers will have a date code stamped in them, so you’ll be able to get an exact year for it. 

Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

avega2792

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2019, 09:08:47 AM »
I like it.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2019, 05:00:06 AM »
Where are you at? If you are selling it cheap, and within driving distance to Kansas, put me in line lol

sunlitcowboy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2019, 07:26:14 AM »
If you are near upstate new York  I'm interested in purchasing it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2019, 06:48:24 AM »
I would probably post your location and take a few offers to see if your expectation is in line with what you might ask for it.  Who knows one of the offers might make you happy enough.  I wouldn't spend anymore money on it if it were me until I got the price range figured out.  It looks like you made a sizeable investment in the grill grate as it is a newer model larger opening SS. 

Pricing on the ranches are kind of all over the place depending on the location.  I think I paid $500 for mine and had to drive to the middle of no where to get it.  It was 4 or 5 years old with only minor clean up or rust issues. 

Other places they turn up often and can go for less.  That is a mothership though so that might help you to some extent because no one makes them anymore.

Best of luck and please don't offer it cheap within driving distance of north Missouri.  My wife would probably cook me on it.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.