Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The Gourmet Made it Home!  (Read 631 times)

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
The Gourmet Made it Home!
« on: August 12, 2019, 06:56:06 PM »
A few weeks ago I am sitting at my parents house on Saturday night and I see a nice blue SSP just listed.  I want it bad, but the wife tells me absolutely not because we had a busy Sunday planned.  So I pout a little and scroll a little further down see a big Yellow beauty...THE GOURMET!  I catch it literally 1 minute after it is listed and I am all over it.  The lady marks it as sold at 4 minutes and I swear I was probably the only person on all of Facebook to see it.  While I was jumping for joy the wife was not pleased as she thought another kettle run was going down.  Fortunately I was able to get a relative to make it a priority and make pick up for a small fee of $35.  Then I waited an agonizing two weeks before they visited the area and I was able to bring her home. 

So far it looks to be in pretty good shape with exception to one of three welds on two of the legs seems to have rusted more than I would like.  The lid had some dings/rust in it and almost some small holes in the finish that I can't really figure out.  My best guess is hail or maybe some kind of tree sap/chemical bothered the finish over years and years?  Eventually the leg welds might need addressed, but hopefully the two remaining welds will be strong enough to last years.  I have the kettle all cleaned up, but might make another pass with 0000 steel wool to get any small remaining rust stains or grime.  I plan on sanding the legs and pan with some emery paper and/or steel wool and breaking out the metal polish to make it really shine.  Same with the top vent.  I can't wait to have her back in shape.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 07:01:28 PM by ReanimatedRobot »
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

MagnoliaTom

• WKC Brave
Re: The Gourmet Made it Home!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 07:00:54 PM »
Awesome find!

Hopefully I can score something like that one day [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBH redhead 22”, Smokey joe AU, Q 100, SSP EE code, new 26”
Looking for MBH 26

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 07:03:30 PM »
Awesome find!

Hopefully I can score something like that one day [emoji3]

I am sure it will man.  It will happen when you least expect it!
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

solidgoldstein

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 07:05:22 PM »
Great job man, fire it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 07:37:22 PM »
Great score! It’s always nice to have family and friends assist.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 02:26:13 AM »
sweet score, she will be cooking in no time
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bladz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2019, 03:33:53 AM »
Sweet kettle!!  Love the yellows.  Now go cook that relative a steak dinner

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2019, 06:47:37 AM »
NICE!  I'll take credit for encouraging, & frankly egging you on to get it!  I was enabling!  (At least I think it was that one).
regards,
Hal

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2019, 09:20:11 AM »
You do that for pretty much anything I find. Haha.
NICE!  I'll take credit for encouraging, & frankly egging you on to get it!  I was enabling!  (At least I think it was that one).

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

smokeyjoe

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2019, 09:23:01 AM »
That’s a beaut

ISO Red Outrider.