Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WKC Chicago meet master thread  (Read 87050 times)

MartyG

• WKC Performer
Re: WKC Chicago meet master thread
« Reply #165 on: June 18, 2013, 06:43:49 AM »

I see a box with a Weber Web bug zapper in some pics, is that the one that I picked up for you or is that someone elses?

It's mine now - Jeff had a spare - not sure where it came from, but it filled a gap in my all-black collection.

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #166 on: June 18, 2013, 06:47:09 AM »
Did anyone else notice in the big group shot that Jeff has both hands on his Blue 26??  :)

What you can't see are the wires running to it. Jeff unplugged it for this picture, but other than that it was a shocking experience if anyone else's hands got too friendly with it!  :o

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #167 on: June 18, 2013, 06:52:24 AM »
Great shots PBE, looks like y'all had a great time. I'm sure I'll see new stuff every time I roll through the pics but I did notice one thing on first glance. Did anyone else notice in the big group shot that Jeff has both hands on his Blue 26??  :)

Did anyone notice G and Landgraftj with their grubby hands on Troy's (now Brian's) Red 26'r?  :)
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #168 on: June 18, 2013, 07:27:45 AM »
Three words...

KETTLE EYE CANDY.  :o

Thanks Lawrence for taking such awesome pictures of what looks like a spectacular event! It really gives those of us that couldn't make it something to really enjoy!  :D

Harbormaster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #169 on: June 18, 2013, 11:19:12 AM »

There are three things in this world that I have difficulty controlling my urge to collect.

1. Webers.
2. Watches.
3. Pens.

If I had known in advance there would be a pen in a Weber swag bag, I would have been there!

Damn it!
I've got Webers. 10 - WSMs, 5 - 22.5" kettles, 2 - 18.5" kettle, 2 - SJS, 2 - SJP, 4 - WGA, 1 vintage Coolie Pan
"Animal flesh cooked over an open fire is a sensible and essential part of a well balanced diet"

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #170 on: June 18, 2013, 11:25:58 AM »
Great shots PBE, looks like y'all had a great time. I'm sure I'll see new stuff every time I roll through the pics but I did notice one thing on first glance. Did anyone else notice in the big group shot that Jeff has both hands on his Blue 26??  :)

Did anyone notice G and Landgraftj with their grubby hands on Troy's (now Brian's) Red 26'r?  :)

My hands were clean at the time...just saying  :o
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #171 on: June 18, 2013, 11:41:46 AM »
Here's an unedited outtake of HankB looking for his sausage or something. Good thing we took a few of these!  8)

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #172 on: June 18, 2013, 11:56:16 AM »
Man, these photos make me so happy.  Great people with great grills!  Thanks, Lawrence, for all of your work in grabbing these images and in post-production and post-production posting.

One question:  whose C&B SS is in the background of Brian's new favorite grill?  That is such a gorgeous combination.
One of the charcoal people.

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #173 on: June 18, 2013, 12:07:16 PM »
Well Lawrence, his hands are in his pockets so at least he's on the right track :)  Sorry Hank!
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #174 on: June 18, 2013, 12:08:07 PM »
Man, these photos make me so happy.  Great people with great grills!  Thanks, Lawrence, for all of your work in grabbing these images and in post-production and post-production posting.

One question:  whose C&B SS is in the background of Brian's new favorite grill?  That is such a gorgeous combination.

Jeff's: http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/my-'new'-performer/

All the kettles not on the lawn are his.

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
WKC Chicago meet master thread
« Reply #175 on: June 18, 2013, 04:42:02 PM »
Ted B,

I see a box with a Weber Web bug zapper in some pics, is that the one that I picked up for you or is that someone elses?

No Marty took that one home. I'm too possessive of mine to travel with it. Afraid I'd break the bulb and be up sh@& creek finding another.

kaz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #176 on: June 18, 2013, 05:29:38 PM »
Jeff, if your gonna use lighter fluid with the sequoia it has to be period correct!

PM if u want this.
#grubdubs

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #177 on: June 18, 2013, 05:31:15 PM »
all right all right.  I knew I'd take heat for this.  Its well deserved.  LOL
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #178 on: June 18, 2013, 10:12:06 PM »
Jeff isn't amused that Brian hasn't cleaned any of his grills and will photobomb his pristine grill pics. Brian asked G for help, and G gives this look like "Are you kiddin' me man? I got my own kettles to unload, and unlike yours they won't get me dirty!"

The quote and look on their faces is priceless. :D Great pictures Gum!

Are these guys brothers?  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #179 on: June 18, 2013, 10:17:08 PM »
Oh, and on the WKC, we never forget... Never.. 8)

I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..