Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Anyone Roast/Smoke Garlic?  (Read 438 times)

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
Anyone Roast/Smoke Garlic?
« on: August 06, 2019, 06:46:56 PM »
I keep coming across recipes online for roasting garlic in the oven. It sounds pretty incredible, and I thought adding a little smokiness to it by roasting it with charcoal or even a little hardwood might take the flavors up a notch.

I looked quickly on YouTube for anyone doing a similar method on a charcoal grill, but I didn’t really come up with anything. I suppose I could just use the same method most of the oven recipes call for, but in the kettle instead. However, they all basically say the same thing: to chop of the top off a garlic head, drizzle in olive oil, then wrap completely in foil before putting in the oven. I want to get a little smoke in there, so I’d prefer to skip the foil, but I’m not sure how that’d affect the cook.

Any of you guys roast or smoke your own garlic? If so, what’s your method, and what’re your favorite uses/recipes for it afterwards?

I did find this method, which is probably what I’ll start with unless I hear from you guys first:

https://youtu.be/_AuFrOEzN6Y

Thanks for your help,

-Jed
-Jed

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Re: Anyone Roast/Smoke Garlic?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 07:52:22 PM »
I roast them on the grill almost every week since my wife likes to eat them as is. Never smoked them though. I just cut 1/3" of the tips and rub them with olive oil and a little bit  of salt. It takes about 35-40 minutes at 400-425F depending with the size of the garlic.

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 06:21:37 PM »
I roast em on the grill or on the hot side of my stickburner...Wrapped in foil with no oil...

Roasted garlic needs no smoke. I doubt you would even notice it unless you added so much that it overpowered the garlic.

TheKevman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 07:43:37 PM »

I roast them on the grill almost every week since my wife likes to eat them as is. Never smoked them though. I just cut 1/3" of the tips and rub them with olive oil and a little bit  of salt. It takes about 35-40 minutes at 400-425F depending with the size of the garlic.

I’ve done this before too. It works great and makes for a nice appetizer. I recommend eating them with green olives or spreading the garlic on a cracker.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
A man who has an experience is never at the mercy of a man who has just a theory.