Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Member Seeking Sources  (Read 2348 times)

ibuzzard

• Smokey Joe
New Member Seeking Sources
« on: July 06, 2019, 12:01:41 PM »
I made an intro post, now to find what I need, if possible. All help appreciated. I have a first Generation Performer, SS, with gas assist,  hoping to find the following, or info on where to locate, info on if these are yet available or difficult to source? Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve

1 Ash Sweep
2 Cover
3 Igniter
4 Owners Manual

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
New Member Seeking Sources
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 12:58:55 PM »
Owner manuals are available on Weber.com.

Amazon is good for parts. Also grillparts.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ibuzzard

• Smokey Joe
Re: New Member Seeking Sources
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 01:09:12 PM »
Thank you. Can you tell me if the ignitor , ash sweep, and cover are easy to find?

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 01:34:04 PM »
Thank you. Can you tell me if the ignitor , ash sweep, and cover are easy to find?
Yes.  Weber parts are easy to find. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ibuzzard

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 04:40:29 PM »
Thank you. I downloaded a copy of the owners manual, and have ordered the cover. Will keep going!

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 05:00:59 PM »
My understanding is the current performer covers will not fit, but there are plenty of aftermarket ones that do.  Do a search on it & you'll find a thread or two. 
regards,
Hal

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2019, 05:14:45 AM »
You should be able to order the Weber parts direct from Weber. They used to have, and likely still do, have SS sweeps. Many years of SSP came with SS sweeps. You might have an earlier one without?  SS sweeps work well and last a long time. There are guys here that will buy used grills just for SS sweeps.

Not sure the part number for the SS sweeps, but a search should turn it up.

I’d also recommend the new style lid bale. It holds the lid more open than the SSP style lid bale.  If you are calling Weber, I’d pick one of these up.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/2015-lid-bale-on-ss-perf/msg160544/#msg160544
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 05:17:18 AM by ClubChapin »

Cellar2ful

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2019, 07:13:19 AM »

Here are the part numbers for Weber stainless steel ash sweeps -  - (22”) - 90720           (18”) - 90719
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

ibuzzard

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2019, 12:14:16 PM »
Thank you all for the help. I made sure the cover I ordered is large enough.

Cellar, I could not find that number for the ash sweeps listed on Webers site, do you have a link?

Chapin, thanks for all your help with the tank/regulator/ adaptor, I will check tomorrow about having it re-certified. Also, parts are on order to convert to the electric ignition. If I can get the stainless sweeps, will order the recommended better bale also.

Steve

pancho2017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2019, 12:43:55 PM »
Thank you all for the help. I made sure the cover I ordered is large enough.

Cellar, I could not find that number for the ash sweeps listed on Webers site, do you have a link?

Chapin, thanks for all your help with the tank/regulator/ adaptor, I will check tomorrow about having it re-certified. Also, parts are on order to convert to the electric ignition. If I can get the stainless sweeps, will order the recommended better bale also.

Steve
You have to call Weber to order those. You might see if they still have free shipping on $50 or more purchases then order two sets and only pay tax.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2019, 04:23:45 PM »

The part number for the newer style lid bail that allows the lid to open wider is #65188.  This and the SS ash sweeps have to be ordered by calling Weber Customer Service 1-800-446-1071.  I sent you a PM.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2019, 06:48:57 PM »
My first generation performer had the old style sweeps.  I pulled some SS ones from a second generation to swap it out.  If you want to use the old ring & old ash bucket, you'll need to do one of several mods.  If you have trouble finding them, let me know.

Also, if you put an older style sweeps in a grill with the newer bucket, you can just buy a large washer to place under the handle of the sweep to keep the sweeps tight against the grill. 
regards,
Hal

ibuzzard

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2019, 08:22:22 AM »
Thank you, guys, I just ordered the newer style bale, and SS sweeps. Potsie, I will contact you for mods when parts arrive.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2019, 10:42:53 AM »
This is the route I'm going to go with, courtesy of @swamprb.  It requires a couple of rivets that are allegedly not really noticeable.  It seems like you can basically have them hidden behind the leg sockets on the kettle.
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/**master-touchperformer-ash-catcher-bars-won't-be-needing-them-anymore!**/msg192045/#msg192045

There are other routes you can find here http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-grill-modifications-customs/replacing-old-(original-design)-'one-touch'-ash-sweeps/msg342879/#msg342879

& also over here http://weberkettleclub.com/blog/2014/03/03/converting-a-weber-ots-to-otg/

While it is less important on a performer, some of the other methods require you to drill into the leg mounts (which I'd like to avoid).  Another method requires you to drill into the legs themselves, which initially seemed like a better idea to me because the legs are easily replaced & there is no damage to the main components (the bowl & lid).  After I thought about it, I realized that if you want to transport the kettle, pack it up for storage, or whatever, the ring will basically come off with the legs unless you remember to unscrew it first & you'll potentially damage the ring. 

I liked the hose clamp method, but it is probably more noticeable & I don't have major qualms with putting a couple of rivets through the ring that holds the ash bucket.  Both the hose clamps & wire methods also seem to have potential to damage the porcelain.

That is how I cam to my decision anyway.  Even though my old sweeps are in great shape, I'm swapping them out for stainless steel ones, just so I never have to worry about them. 
regards,
Hal