Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weirdest "extras" that came with, or were offered w/Weber purchase  (Read 2425 times)

Walchit

• WKC Performer
Re: Weirdest "extras" that came with, or were offered w/Weber purchase
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2019, 11:51:13 AM »
I find quite a bit of clay in the royal oak lump. Oh and that link for the leg in the grill doesnt work for me. Someone actually found.a human leg or what?

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2019, 11:53:43 AM »
I find quite a bit of clay in the royal oak lump. Oh and that link for the leg in the grill doesnt work for me. Someone actually found.a human leg or what?

Ita a documentary called finders keepers. It is some crazy shit for sure! But true
ISO - CMist Go Anywhere, the cheif, yellow

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2019, 07:02:51 PM »
For whatever reason, it is going to the wrong thing even after I've tried cutting & pasting the correct link in several times.  When you click on the link, you should see "Did you mean: Finders Keepers (2015 film)?"  Click on the "Finders Keepers" part & you'll get there.

regards,
Hal

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2019, 07:23:58 PM »
My wife was flipping out while watching it.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 07:26:25 PM by Red_5_Wrangler »

Al b que

• WKC Brave
I actually went to school with the guy the leg that was that was found. True story remember when it happened

Sent from my VS988 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2019, 07:30:03 AM »
@Al b que  It is not quite clear which guy you went to school with.  Did you go to school with the guy who wound up losing his leg, or with the guy that bought the storage locker that included the leg?  Sounds like both of them had a bit of a sad life.

I actually went to school with the guy the leg that was that was found. True story remember when it happened

regards,
Hal

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2019, 08:26:30 AM »
I bought a 22" kettle that included some OLD cooking grates for an 18", which didn't really seem all that weird until I noticed one of the grates was a bit unusual. 

However, one of the grates has bars that extend past the circle by a little bit.  Almost like they attached them first & then cut off the ends, but just forgot to cut these off when it was manufactured.  Just remembered this, so I'll have to take some pics to add it to the thread. 
regards,
Hal

Al b que

• WKC Brave
@Al b que  It is not quite clear which guy you went to school with.  Did you go to school with the guy who wound up losing his leg, or with the guy that bought the storage locker that included the leg?  Sounds like both of them had a bit of a sad life.

The guy that lost his leg in a plane crash with his father. That was after our high school years. He's done good for himself he has a radio show I think it's called midday Brevard in the North Carolina Mountains

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2019, 09:26:11 AM »
I didn't want to say until I found which you knew, so I kind of couched it differently.  But, that other guy who "bought" the leg sounded really weird to me. 
regards,
Hal

Al b que

• WKC Brave
Yeah he was definitely the weird one he even tried to charge admission to see the leg the Halloween after that happened

Al b que

• WKC Brave
And John still has a sense of humor about it all. Got this off his Facebook page this morning

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2019, 11:55:33 AM »
Earlier, I said I bought a 22" grill & it came with two old 18" grates where one was weird.  Finally took a pick of the "weird" one.  Also, noticed that I just assumed they are both 18 inches, but I noticed they are not even near the same size. 

Anyone ever seen a grate like this one?  I'm guessing it was someone's welding project at home, but who the heck knows.  I'm also guessing they were planning on cutting the ends off, but didn't get around to it. 
regards,
Hal

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2019, 01:13:46 PM »
Okay, them are weird, like WTF weird... ???
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

racedvl

• WKC Brave
I just bought this performer,  and open the lid and there was a SS wok. Nice extra that I wasn't expecting. Usually just get chimneys and charcoal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

That would be awesome! I use our wok in the GBS all the time but this would be so nice! Performer is sweet too!
Thanks!  I have used the wok,  it is a really piece.  And the performer cleaned up nice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
A few days ago I saw this ad on Craigslist,

"older Weber Genesis grill. Fairly new flavorizer bars and burners. Grill Grates included.
a little cleaning, turn a couple screws here and there...BINGO!
around 10 years old"

I assume last year's bars means roached, around 10 years means 20 to 25, and turn screws means it's going to be in parts.

I went to pick it up and it's a 2010 genesis, with barely used bars and good stainless rod grates with....
4 Grill Grates panels on top.

I load it up and head home and it felt a bit wobbly but that's all I noticed.

I tear into it today and there are parts to a shattered fire box in the cabinet. The fire box on the grill is barely used but was not bolted to the frame at all. The igniter had just been slide in the burner hole and not clipped. That's when I bumped the manifold and it wiggled. It was hanging on the frame with no bolts into the fire box. Never had been as they were clean perfect holes. I went to line it up on the burners and they wiggled too. I look inside and there is nothing holding the burners down either. Perfect holes there too.

I am assuming they had some catastrophe with the old fire box and maybe the lid as it looks nice and lightly used too. They probably got the warranty parts and just didn't use any hardware packs.

It would scare the rona right out of me to use it like they had been but it must of mostly worked out fine.

Also super awesome score on the grill grates I will have to look up some advice and techniques for them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app