Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I Wish Weber Would Release A...  (Read 3112 times)

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
Re: I Wish Weber Would Release A...
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2019, 12:04:56 PM »
The stainless Weber restaurant ranch

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Fun fact, those giant stainless steel grills are manufactured by someone else

I bet the price tag on those would be nuts.
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2019, 12:18:02 PM »

I remember Mr Donahue mentioning a price but can't recall the specifics.
There have been various improvements made and now there are even variations of them (including gas powered)

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2019, 12:33:32 PM »
Why don't they make colored wsms? Surely they would sell like hot cakes

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2019, 01:48:31 PM »

Need more detail on those fire breathing beasts? This calls for a repeat play:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fmo_4HRjek
Retired

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
I Wish Weber Would Release A...
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2019, 02:05:20 PM »

Need more detail on those fire breathing beasts? This calls for a repeat play:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fmo_4HRjek

So I’ve not seen one on here. Has not a single one of these found it’s way to a members house yet?

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2019, 03:59:18 PM »
Tried and failed more than once to pick one up. They do replace them from time to time. The grates are interesting, thick rectangular bars on the flip up portion - about a third of the total area, and round bars up front. I might have pics of that somewhere, but you can kind of see that when the chef lifts the grate in the video. The bottom vent is huge, maybe 8” diameter and always wide open. Kind of cone shaped. There is a separate ash cart on wheels under each kettle. Top vent stays open too. The updraft from the exhaust fans is all the air you would need to keep the fire screaming hot. Anything needing smoke is done in a bank of ovens in the back room. Delicate things use a dedicated kettle or two that are kept a bit less intense. They have a series of double chimney starting stations down the line, but mostly add charcoal directly to the huge baskets when they get a little low.

Maybe @chefn58 will chime in and clarify all of this.
Retired

chefn58

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2019, 04:09:12 PM »
One of these did actually make its way out of the restaurant once. It was stolen by an old employee and they were caught selling it on Craigslist.
The reason they are not sold to the public is the high cost. Roughly $7k if I remember correctly.
The baskets in the back of the grill hold roughly 35 lbs of charcoal. When they are roaring the convection heat of the grill tops out around 1500 degrees. It’s enough to take your eye brows off if your standing in front of it and open the lid.
They do smoke on them for some items;  salmon, tomatoes and a few other things but a bulk of the smoking is done on other smokers.
The grates are made of the thickest stainless wire on the market. You can’t get any bigger. They last roughly 4 months before the heat beaks them down and they disintegrate. There is also a ring on the inside of the grill that holds the grates. These break down roughly every 2 months.
The design was changed about 2 years ago to simply change out the flip grate instead of the whole grate because the part above the basket was the part breaking down.
The airflow in the kitchen is the last integral part of the heat. There is air pushing from behind the grill and being pulled up into the hood to help circulate in those kitchens. Pretty much a wind tunnel effect.
The chimney starters are constantly running and are gas powered.
Hope this helps. Grill on everyone! 

Searching for a Blue 18" MBH

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2019, 04:22:30 PM »
Stainless steel is nice but I’d rather have a beautiful old kettle that is red porcelain than one in SS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2019, 04:28:14 PM »
Thanks for the details @chefn58  I would settle for a 26” version myself, built like the platinum with top vent and front handle. Hmmm, that kind of describes the Summit. Still, a SS 26er in a ranch-type cart would be sweet.

Marty
Retired

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2019, 06:23:47 PM »
I'll make it easy on them.  I'd be happy if they sold the various colors of SJs that they already make.  If they still make GAs in colors, that would be nice to sell them here to.
regards,
Hal

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2019, 06:47:54 PM »
I'll make it easy on them.  I'd be happy if they sold the various colors of SJs that they already make.  If they still make GAs in colors, that would be nice to sell them here to.

Yes! A brand new Grey CGA would be awesome. I’d buy a couple of those.  I want to see them bring back the 90s true Grey color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2019, 07:27:54 PM »
You know we are all talking about our "wish kettle" and almost everyone mentions one with a unique or different color never offered.  In the last few days I have seen both a white and red Ranch they were most definitely a limited production run.  I have to wonder has anyone here ever actually contacted Weber to see if they would make a limited production run of a certain model and color? 

I mean maybe we could take a vote on which kettle we would like to see and then which color?  Then ask them if they could do a Weber Kettle Club Edition.  I mean we would have to probably make a minimum order of so many kettles, but who knows it is just crazy enough it might turn into something.
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Marzipan

• WKC Brave
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2019, 06:08:23 AM »
someone should contact Weber and find out if they'd be open to the idea and if they are, what the MoQ would be...then we could poll the forum and find out if we there is something that enough people would be interested in.

where I live, it's got to be an 18"...not enough space for anything bigger. my deck is a tiny 10' x 10' :(
Power Corrupts, But Absolute Power Is Kinda Cool!

D-WADE

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2019, 06:37:53 AM »
I want an 18.5 Mastertouch in Slate blue with whitewall wheels on it.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2019, 06:41:45 AM »
Ill take a red 14 wsm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app