Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Old Friend And A Couple Of Cooks  (Read 481 times)

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
Old Friend And A Couple Of Cooks
« on: June 09, 2019, 05:38:08 PM »
An old friend from high school, who is now living in the MPLS area, wanted to join me at the cabin.  I need help filling the woodshed, so I decided to put him to work, and feed him.  We scavenged about a cord of pine logs off the side of a dirt road.  Probably offloaded from a pulp truck for being too heavy to haul.  We'll start cutting trees on our property next time.  We are both 50, and are realizing that we are not 20 anymore.  As for the  cooks, Friday night was a pork roast on the roti and grilled asparagus on the 18. Saturday night was wild rice brats.  It was great catching up with him, getting some work done and having some tasty meals.  Tom, my friend, said that was the most advanced grilling he had ever seen.  He has a JJ, but its just a grill to him.  I opened his eyes to colored vintage kettles and how to use them.  He liked all my grilling "do-dads" that he had never seen before.  He showed enough interest in upping his game that I sent him home with a black 22 OT, out of my accumulation up there.  More weekends and cooks like this to come.  Thanks for looking.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 05:52:40 AM by Grillagin »

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Old Friend And A Couple Of Cooks
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 04:27:42 AM »
Can't beat any of that action
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
Re: Old Friend And A Couple Of Cooks
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 05:36:52 AM »
Looks like one hell of a day, and I understand about not being 20 anymore. Went out last weekend with all my cousins and I swear I’m still feeling it. 😂
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

bladz

• WKC Ranger
Old Friend And A Couple Of Cooks
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 06:55:20 PM »
Those are some pretty big sticks of firewood to be tossing in a truck. My back aches just looking at it. Lol.   The food and grills look great, and I’m going to have to try some wild rice brats.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 06:56:58 PM by bladz »