Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Replacement burner / conversion for old SSP  (Read 426 times)

dakwegmo

• Happy Cooker
Replacement burner / conversion for old SSP
« on: June 04, 2019, 01:09:43 PM »
I have come into possession of an old Stainless Steel Performer that needs some TLC. The burner has rusted through with pieces coming off, and it no longer has the original propane tank. There's also rust on the on/off valve in the regulator. I'd love to have the propane ignition assist.  Can I simply replace the old parts with the burner and regulator for the current performer model and just use the 1lb propane canisters? Even better would be to upgrade this to work with a 20 lb. propane tank. If this can be done, which parts would I need?

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
Re: Replacement burner / conversion for old SSP
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 07:54:46 PM »
I have come into possession of an old Stainless Steel Performer that needs some TLC. The burner has rusted through with pieces coming off, and it no longer has the original propane tank. There's also rust on the on/off valve in the regulator. I'd love to have the propane ignition assist.  Can I simply replace the old parts with the burner and regulator for the current performer model and just use the 1lb propane canisters? Even better would be to upgrade this to work with a 20 lb. propane tank. If this can be done, which parts would I need?
https://www.grillparts.com/weber/weber-performer-grill-parts.asp

I think the only difference in the burner tube assembly is type and length of the igniters.

If you want the 1lbs bottle connection and regulator it is a direct fit. You just have to lay the bottle somewhere or build a bracket to mount it. The above page also list the bottle to tank conversion hose. There are other ways to get it done but this is the easiest.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO - CMist Go Anywhere, the cheif, yellow