Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Briquettes: Nailed It!!!  (Read 990 times)

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Weber Briquettes: Nailed It!!!
« on: May 28, 2019, 02:21:49 PM »
Check out what @SacramentoWeber found sticking out of one of his Weber Briquettes.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

SacramentoWeber

• WKC Brave
Re: Weber Briquettes: Nailed It!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 07:44:26 PM »
I caught it in the top of the chimney. It was pressed into a briquette with about 3/4 of the sharp end sticking out. Luckily the mail I was grilling up still turned out great.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 07:51:41 PM »
You should have seen the shit that used to roll out of cowboy bags...baling twine, unpyrolized plywood, a flip phone and so on...
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 03:37:24 AM »
They probably use scrap pallets to make the charcoal. I know I see some awfully pallet looking chunks in the RO lump. Never found nails, but there is always little chunks of clay left after the coal burns up. I never see them before the cook th

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Weber Briquettes: Nailed It!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 04:56:58 AM »
Pallet pieces even in the lump? Wow!

I’ve heard that at times charcoal companies will go and clear out fallen trees and wood after a storm. Do you think they’re “carefully selecting” only the highest quality straight grained hardwood for fuel?

Time to get a stick burner for low + slow and start using wood (Santa Maria style) in my Weber. 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

CurtP

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 11:54:59 AM »
I found a strip of hardwood flooring in my Cowboy lump that was stained and had a sealed finish (polyurethane?).  I stopped buying it after that.  I haven't found anything in Kingsford blue, Green Egg lump or Jealous Devil yet.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2019, 07:39:56 PM »
I would be pissed if I found finished wood! We should really be making our own charcoal.

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2019, 02:21:18 PM »
So far the worst that I've found in Weber briquettes have been the odd Royal Oak briquette that I started a thread about a year ago asking if they were the OEM for Weber.  I set up the WSM to do ribs today and for the first time in ages, I came across Royal Oak briquettes.  Two of them turned up so I set them aside to use when I open up another bag of RO briquettes.