Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Few Weber accessories form 71  (Read 5352 times)

G

• WKC Ranger
Re: Few Weber accessories form 71
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2013, 03:43:37 AM »
Could be...I assumed the attachment raised the deflector/water pan just above the coals.  I wonder if the cover would fit if it were placed on the cooking grate tabs. 

I checked the catalogs that I have (thanks Hogsy) and only found it in one of them.  It said to follow the instructions that come with the smoker attachment.

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2013, 07:35:39 AM »
I think I know who won the catalogs on eBay...keep those pics coming.  I would like to find an old school griddle for the 22.  I assume the smoker attachment sat on the charcoal grate?

Are you referring to the large rectangular cast iron griddle that sits inside a 22" round grate? If so, I know where there are two of them brand new in their original box. New old stock. The shop wants $49 each. If you're interested PM me for more info & I can point you in the right direction.

I assume you are referring to this setup

This is different to the griddle depicted above (but still a cool accessory in its own right). Don't see them often. I got mine along with a black MT from CL. It was never used (still in box).

Keep up the pics - these are cool and provide info around old school accessories/kettles.

The grates I saw for sale locally are ALMOST identical to what you have pictured. The difference is that instead of a CI grate like yours these have a solid CI griddle that is smooth on one side and ribbed on the other. I couldn't find any photos, otherwise I would upload one, but hopefully this is a clear description.

I received several PMs and emails from people about these grates, so many that I'm not sure who was first. So here is what I'm going to do. I will swing by the shop sometime within the next 48 hours and tell them about this forum and that there are a few people interested. I will also ask them about their shipping policy. I will then post their business name and contact info in this thread. After that, feel free to contact them and make your purchase. I would just ask that you post here to let us know you bought one. They only had two of the old style in stock, and I would hate for them to keep getting calls indefinitely. I hope this sounds fair to everybody interested.

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2013, 05:59:17 PM »
I went & spoke with the store owner today. Unfortunately he is not setup to ship items, so I'm willing to act as an "agent" to help anybody interested in some of these hard to find items. I snapped a few photos of the older items they had in stock, still new in the box. I will try to post pics this evening... to do so I have to go back to the photo thread, setup a photo hosting acct, etc. After I'm able to post photos please feel free to let me know if you would like something.

Please realize the total cost = sticker price + 10% to cover tax + actual shipping via USPS (probably not cheap on some of the larger, heavier items).

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2013, 06:07:31 PM »
cb....you have everyone's attention... :D

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2013, 09:58:11 AM »
Ugh, I'm sorry. I snapped photos with my cell phone, and shortly thereafter proceeded to drop it on a hard tile floor. I got my phone working again, but it required a hard reset, so I lost the photos. I'm traveling for work now, so the soonest I will be able to go snap new photos is Friday.
I can tell you they had two new, old stock 22" grates with large rectangular griddles (ribbed on one side & smooth on the other). They also had a new old stock wood chip soaker; basically a large travel mug with a strainer for soaking wood chips. Personally, I don't soak chips, but maybe some do. They had a new old stock poultry stand with a cup for beer or other liquid. All of these items have their original boxes. All of these things were Weber branded. Anything sound interesting to anybody?

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2013, 04:00:47 PM »
OK, sorry for the ridiculous delay. I'm going to post a few photos of some items that I've stumbled across. If you'd like one just let me know. We can discuss price from there. I'm not doing this to make a profit, but the final cost will depend on what the shop will sell them to me for, plus the cost of shipping (unless you happen to live in Eastern Washington).

P.S. I visited the basement if this place and they had a half a dozen old red gassers including what I believe is a junior model in pretty good shape. Not for sale.  ???

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2013, 04:00:59 PM »
They have two of these:

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2013, 04:03:05 PM »
One of these:

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2013, 04:04:39 PM »
And one of these:

Sorry for the separate posts. I'm doing this from my smart phone, and it was much easier this way.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2013, 04:12:19 PM »

The griddle is hip.....
PM sent.... 8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"