Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Premium or regular grill cover for 22 inch kettle?  (Read 569 times)

dogman

• WKC Brave
Premium or regular grill cover for 22 inch kettle?
« on: May 19, 2019, 10:00:11 AM »
The premium one is quite a bit more expensive here. Is it worth paying extra over the standard Weber one?

The premium one costs 35 bucks equivalent *more* than the regular one. Looking on the American site, 35 bucks is the actual cost of the premium one for you guys!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 10:04:25 AM by dogman »
Beer! It's what's for dinner...

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Re: Premium or regular grill cover for 22 inch kettle?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 04:23:28 PM »
No cover. They both get brittle and tear eventually. If you really want one look on amazon at the veranda and kong covers, they both have really good reviews

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 08:54:36 AM »
Thanks. I was wondering about that. I'll check fleabay for those brands.

I guess I can do a po-man's cover out of an HD garbage bag since I'm up a bit and nobody is likely to see it ;)

Marzipan

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 09:12:15 AM »
heh...least you can use a cover. up here where I live, you use a cover and due to the high humidity, the grill will insta-rust.  :( 
Power Corrupts, But Absolute Power Is Kinda Cool!

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 09:14:31 AM »
The newer style premium covers (last couple of years or so) are MUCH better quality.  They are a slightly different material and I have yet to see the get brittle and crack/tear.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2019, 09:26:38 AM »
heh...least you can use a cover. up here where I live, you use a cover and due to the high humidity, the grill will insta-rust.  :(

Today was like a sauna. I have no idea if a cover will wreak havoc or not. We get a lot of rain and some years a lot of snow. I guess in that way it's maybe not so different from where you are.

Should we do a kickstarter for a breathable grill cover? :P

The newer style premium covers (last couple of years or so) are MUCH better quality.  They are a slightly different material and I have yet to see the get brittle and crack/tear.

Thank you, that is helpful info! At least if I spent 75 bucks on a cover it should last a few years :(