Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: anyone bake bread on their kettle?  (Read 822 times)

Marzipan

• WKC Brave
anyone bake bread on their kettle?
« on: May 17, 2019, 03:56:35 PM »
please share your recipe's if you do!

I've read that no-knead (aka sour dough) is popular for baking on the bbq, so definitely going to give that a try.  :) 
Power Corrupts, But Absolute Power Is Kinda Cool!

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
Re: anyone bake bread on their kettle?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 05:04:06 PM »
I can't bake bread to save my ass...Not even in the oven...
I have made all sorts of cobblers and stuff in my kettle and my stickburner...Bread should be no problem for someone who is not a bread-tard...

GermanTex

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 05:06:29 PM »
I have done it in a dutchoven but not a kettle. You should be able to do it on a pizza stone similar to pizza.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Green 22" Perfomer, Red 22" One Touch Platinum, Blue 22" Kettle, Yellow Simpspons Smokey Joe, Pink Q1200, Blue Platinum C.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 07:25:37 AM »
My wife is the baker in this family, so no, I haven't tried it... That's her domain. :-)
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Marzipan

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 09:46:07 AM »
well, I love stuff cooked in non-traditional ovens. growing up we would camp in the Kootenay's and in a lil town called Kaslo a gent had a HUGE wood fired stone oven that he cooked bread in during the summer. most amazing bread I ever had, until I moved to Vancouver and a dude across my apartment had a lil hole in the wall with a small wood fired oven made bread. SOOO GOOD! I hope to emulate that on the grill  :) 

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2019, 10:10:25 AM »
@Marzipan

I get to say yes! I've made over the years a lot of soda Bread, Cake, Brownies, Pies, and cookies. I found you need to watch and rotate the sheet its on to ((Most)) of the time it will not burn. I make most of the bread on the "KettlePizza".

The breads I cook on the grill my wife makes the dough for all baking on the grill. I see you are somewhat new to the club and would like to say welcome!

So A while back November 01 2017 I posted I had at that time 450+ Recipes scanned form my Grandpas hand written cookbook binders.  At that time I was up to 1800+ and now about 2600 with still no near future. I have one full 2" binder with bread Recipes. My wife has made some of them in the book. I have a lot of...

Apple, Almond, Apricot, Raisin, White Bread, Brown Bread, Banana, Butter Crust, Boston Brown, Banana Orange, Maple Oat, Blueberry, Herb and Cheese, Cheese, Cranberry, Cranberry Pumpkin Bread, Greek Easter Bread, Carrot, Cinnamon Chocolate Date, Italian Sausage Bread, Irish Raisin, Kentucky Spoon Bread, Golden Macadamia, and a lot more.

If you or any member want any Bread Recipes that are listed just PM me and I'll be happy to send it, also if you don't see it listed I can look in his Bread book to see what's he has.

For now my favorite “Banana Bread” Like Grandpa Bob made.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 10:27:11 AM by Shoestringshop »
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Marzipan

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 06:52:14 AM »
Sss...mebe you should catalog your recipes into PDF and then sell the booklet online? :D 

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2019, 07:18:31 AM »
Sss...mebe you should catalog your recipes into PDF and then sell the booklet online? :D

@Marzipan

Na... I'm not going to take credit for all of grandpas work ;D.

This is a list of all the Bread and Biscuits I have...

I really don't want to take up server space with posting all of them online. So if you or ANYONE want one two or a lot  I'll be happy to send it to you.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 07:46:35 AM by Shoestringshop »

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2019, 08:17:36 AM »
one local IPA shipped to Dan for every recipe requested please !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2019, 08:54:26 AM »
one local IPA shipped to Dan for every recipe requested please !!

LOL  :)

Marzipan

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2019, 12:24:39 PM »
did you figure out how to host the files on G Drive, Sss?  :D