Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Mother's Day Veggie Burgers  (Read 664 times)

CANYONERO

• Happy Cooker
Mother's Day Veggie Burgers
« on: May 13, 2019, 06:49:48 AM »
This weekend I picked up a new (to me) 22" blue kettle from our own Charlie (thanks again!), just in time for Mother's Day!

To celebrate, we had a couple of our favorite mothers and their daughter over for dinner, and what better way to break in the new grill than with veggie burgers! I know this is a more meat-centric forum, but our friends are vegetarian, my wife and I are working on getting our weight down, and quite honestly I wanted to try my hand at making veggie burgers from scratch.

I used this recipe for the burgers, and then I baked them for about 45 minutes before tossing them on the grill to finish while we hung out in the garage.

After I finished getting a nice char on the burgers and toasting the buns, it was time to assemble:

We've got King's Hawaiian rolls, avocado, and a homemade pineapple slaw that my wife found out of Chrissy Teigen's latest cookbook.

Final review: Crazy delicious! Great burgers to top off a great day!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 05:14:40 AM by CANYONERO »

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Re: Mother's Day Veggie Burgers
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 07:00:32 AM »
Looks great! Veggie burgers rock.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 07:55:16 AM »
Looks good to me, not a thing wrong with eating healthy
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 09:46:11 AM »
At first I was like "veggie burgers" lol. Then I saw you made them from scratch, nice work!

One time I was grilling and my buddy's vegan girlfriend gave me some veggie burgers to grill...

I might have flipped them with a little pause on top of the real burgers, and maybe flipped the real ones with a pause on top of hers. That was back in my younger days, when I used to get drunk lol.

I wouldn't sneak beef grease in on a vegetarian nowadays

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 10:36:17 AM »
Glad to see that little guy back in cooking rotation.  Feel free to join our long runs any Saturday.  [emoji106][emoji125]‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 04:57:50 PM »
Burgers look great.
I love the off-road package on the kettle...

TheKevman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 07:40:45 PM »
Glad they were tasty—they certainly look good! My wife recently became friends with a vegan and we may have her and her husband over this summer. The recipe you shared may come in handy. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
A man who has an experience is never at the mercy of a man who has just a theory.

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 07:52:05 PM »
They look delicious!!! Thanks for sharing the cook and the recipe! I gotta try this. I'm not a vegetarian but I love yummy foods so this is definitely going on my list

Sent from my Pixel using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

griz400

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 01:53:14 PM »
Looks real good ... we sometimes make em .. we make em oval shaped and use Cuban bread ... Yours came out nice and the toppings sealed the deal

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 05:30:08 PM »
I'll be honest. I hope they tasted good, because they do not look like something I would want to eat.