Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 1995 Performer SS Gas Assist Restore  (Read 677 times)

thefishermanguy

• Happy Cooker
1995 Performer SS Gas Assist Restore
« on: May 02, 2019, 07:39:20 AM »
Hi WKC!

First of all, thank you for sharing your enthusiasm for Kettles, I've just picked up a 1995 Performer SS Gas Assist, in great condition save a few missing parts. This is my first post on the WKC forum.

The tabs on cleaning kettles, and advice read here have been incredible. I couldn't imagine tackling this rebuild without the resources here - thank you!

What I need help with is this - I cannot for the life of me find the model number of this unit. I've followed the advice, tabs, threads, blog posts etc etc to find the model number of this unit - but all have eluded me. Finding parts without a model number has been a task... so I thought I would reach out here to see if anyone would be willing to help.

Here's what I've tried:
- Top right corner of the owners manual: Don't have an owners manual unfortunately.
- Under the stainless charcoal box lid, the only number is in the bottom right corner of the ignition panel, and that is 8099. The stamp on the vent indicates EO, and according to the resources available here, this model was made in 1995. I've attached a photo.
- No sticker on the rear of the unit.

I've tried back searching through the schematics on Weber.com, but still cannot find the model number.

Any advice?

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod

thefishermanguy

• Happy Cooker
Re: 1995 Performer SS Gas Assist Restore
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 07:54:45 AM »
YES! Thank you Mr. CPHo!!

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much for taking the time to respond.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 09:03:00 AM »
Welcome aboard!

What parts do you need?

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 11:11:39 AM »
What parts do you need? Welcome to the club. Fantasic people here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

thefishermanguy

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 01:44:00 PM »
Thanks!

Getting parts to Canada at a reasonable rate can be tough. My local barbecue shop has some of the items I need, but getting some of the specialty items will take some work importing them from the US.

This unit came with a few things missing; the interior nuts to hold on the lid bale, thermometer, and one grey end cap/one black end cap. The wheels are worn out too, so they'll be replaced.

The plan is to hybridize it, with modern accessories like the Gourmet BBQ System grate, warming rack and perhaps new charcoal baskets. I know it's not keeping it original, which I'm torn on doing - but I think the new accessories are terrific, so why not.

Plan is to have it ready for first fire this weekend for Cinco De Mayo, will post some pictures of the process.  Thanks for your comments.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 04:16:55 PM »
Thanks!

Getting parts to Canada at a reasonable rate can be tough. My local barbecue shop has some of the items I need, but getting some of the specialty items will take some work importing them from the US.

This unit came with a few things missing; the interior nuts to hold on the lid bale, thermometer, and one grey end cap/one black end cap. The wheels are worn out too, so they'll be replaced.

The plan is to hybridize it, with modern accessories like the Gourmet BBQ System grate, warming rack and perhaps new charcoal baskets. I know it's not keeping it original, which I'm torn on doing - but I think the new accessories are terrific, so why not.

Plan is to have it ready for first fire this weekend for Cinco De Mayo, will post some pictures of the process.  Thanks for your comments.
Yea all easy parts to come by anyways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

thefishermanguy

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 04:47:00 PM »
Thanks for all of the replies and offers for help - this community is fantastic!

Got it all cleaned up and it looks very sharp! All that's left now to make it perfect are new wheels, end plugs, thermometer and warming rack.

Attached some photos from this afternoon after it was finished being cleaned. What a beauty this barbecue is.