Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber table for Smokey Joe’s and Jumbo Joe’s  (Read 3925 times)

Bonar

• Smokey Joe
Weber table for Smokey Joe’s and Jumbo Joe’s
« on: June 07, 2013, 02:12:05 PM »
I recently purchased the new Weber table for my Smokey Joe. I have used it on my back patio at home and find it works out well for me. I don’t have to squat down anymore and perfect height for grilling. It will also accommodate a Jumbo Joe. I plan to use it on the road later because it is light and will travel easily.   8)

bryanw21157

• WKC Ranger
Re: Weber table for Smokey Joe’s and Jumbo Joe’s
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 02:38:29 PM »
Thank you for the review.  How high does the top of the grill sit above the ground?
The only thing better than BBQ is more BBQ
Black Performer -- 18-1/2" Coca-Cola OTS -- Mini WSM -- 18-1/2" WSM -- 1997 Blue OTG -- 2014 Jumbo Joe / WSM

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 02:41:35 PM »
I've used Smokey Joes twice. The first time was in college years ago and now I have my own. In both instances I've used a table with slats and a grill leg always falls into a slat "groove." That table is a good idea they did.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Bonar

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 06:03:46 PM »
The top of table is approx. 26.5 inches above the deck. The top of cooking grate is approx 36.5 inches above the deck. The top of handle on kettle cover is approx. 43 inches above the deck.

I went to Osh hardware and found that cooking grate height with a Joe, Smokey or jumbo is approx 6 to 7 inches higher than a performer on this table.

So no more bending over, I never obtained a performer as the table was too low for me.

hope this answered your question?

bryanw21157

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 06:55:39 PM »
Perfectly!  Thank you for the details.
The only thing better than BBQ is more BBQ
Black Performer -- 18-1/2" Coca-Cola OTS -- Mini WSM -- 18-1/2" WSM -- 1997 Blue OTG -- 2014 Jumbo Joe / WSM

70monte

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 08:41:59 PM »
How stable is the table?  I've read some reviews that said it is not very stable and cheaply made.  I've thought about buying one for my newly acquired Jumbo Joe as well as my go anywhere gas grill.

Wayne

Bonar

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 09:38:40 AM »
To much plastic for my liking. Will see how good it is on grass soon enough. But its stable enough for me on concrete patio. If I use it when I have my truck with my I will likely use it on tailgate without the legs and that will be a safety improvement over the Joe on tailgate by its lonesome. This will prevent accidental tip over with hot coals. For grass scenario some may have valid concern on stability, will advise when I try it.

Otherwise for patio its a great table

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 12:34:15 PM »
Could you post a picture please?
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 01:38:25 PM »
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.