Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Advice on a cover for SSP  (Read 1086 times)

solidgoldstein

• WKC Brave
Advice on a cover for SSP
« on: March 28, 2019, 07:55:18 PM »
Hey all. Selling my gen2 performer for an SSP. I realized my gen2 cover probably won’t fit the SSP. Does anyone have a recommendation for a well made, reasonably priced SSP cover? Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

DrewZ

• WKC Ranger
Re: Advice on a cover for SSP
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 03:08:27 AM »
I bought this Ravenna cover on Amazon when it was on sale for $28.  At first, I wasn't crazy about the taupe color, but it has grown on me.  I have the Gen 4 extended lid bale on my SSP, and the cover fits perfectly.  It's easy to take on and off with the built-in handles.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 03:10:15 AM by DrewZ »
Drew Z.
70th Anniversary-SSP, A-Code GA, Snap On GA, Blue 18" OTG, Eagles SJ, 18" Tuck-N-Carry Midget, 3-burner Genny Jr., S-320

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 03:26:56 AM »
The ravenna is a great cover, they are on all my SSP's and seville's and Sequoia
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 05:39:17 AM »
Hey all. Selling my gen2 performer for an SSP. I realized my gen2 cover probably won’t fit the SSP. Does anyone have a recommendation for a well made, reasonably priced SSP cover? Thank you!

I have owned my SSP for 17 years.  This is by far the best cover I have found for it....doesn't shrink or crack...heavy duty.....fits over the table handles with ease...

https://www.grillstuff.com/collections/weber-grill-covers/products/weber-performer-charcoal-grill-cover-2004-and-older

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 05:40:27 AM »
I’ve had good luck with my King Kong covers.  Good ratings on Amazon and over a year of use in all indiana seasons confirms it. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 06:11:30 AM »

I have owned my SSP for 17 years.  This is by far the best cover I have found for it....doesn't shrink or crack...heavy duty.....fits over the table handles with ease...

https://www.grillstuff.com/collections/weber-grill-covers/products/weber-performer-charcoal-grill-cover-2004-and-older

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

+1 on the GrillStuff cover.  I've had mine for 3+ years... still in phenomenal shape.
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 06:37:06 AM »
@michaelmilitello  Out of curiosity, do you know if that King Kong one fits on an SSP?  I know other threads have mentioned that some of the ones designed for the newer versions of the Performer do not fit the older SSP.
regards,
Hal

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2019, 05:37:24 PM »
@michaelmilitello  Out of curiosity, do you know if that King Kong one fits on an SSP?  I know other threads have mentioned that some of the ones designed for the newer versions of the Performer do not fit the older SSP.
Not 100% sure.  It is the same dimensions as the Weber 7152.  Both are 48.5 inches long. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2019, 11:42:46 PM »
+1 for the grillstuff cover. Fits my SSP with the new lid bale.

I’ve had it for a couple of years and it is like new.

$bay kettleman

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2019, 07:29:45 AM »
Like the Kong covers..picked one of these up WM. Not bad for 10$

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Hofy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2019, 03:10:03 PM »
I have a Weber 7106 Grill Cover for Spirit 220 and 300 Series on my SSP.  Works pretty good.
EE Kettle, 1974 JBK-360 Key Lime "The Fairway" , DR Genesis Gold

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2019, 03:39:13 PM »
I use what seems like a good quality Rustoleum "Never Wet" cover that was for a gasser.  I stumbled across it in the clearance isle at Walmart some time back.  I use another gasser cover for the Sequoia I found & have yet to do anything with.
regards,
Hal

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2019, 11:50:26 AM »
No the Kong cover does not fit the SSP. They do have some stretch to them and maybe you could get it on but it would not be suitable for normal use.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO - CMist Go Anywhere, the cheif, yellow