Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Help with my next Weber purchase  (Read 1388 times)

FarmerQue

• Smokey Joe
Re: Help with my next Weber purchase
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2019, 11:28:08 AM »
Get the Charcoal Summit if the price is right. No need to buy 26er or  WSM. Indirect cooking space on the Summit is just as much if not more than 26er. Not to mention more fuel efficient cooker.

I think it's the same one listed in the Online Find forum.  I didn't see it in that forum until after I was looking on Craiglist.  It's still a bit more than what I really want into a charcoal grill at this point I think.  I could almost buy both the 26" kettle and a 22" WSM for what its listed at.  I guess I have analysis paralysis when it comes to what to upgrade to.

Look into this:

https://smoke-ez.com/

I own two of them, and love them. Just increase the water pan size to an 18" stainless steel mixing bowl, fill with crumpled aluminum foil, and cover it with a sheet of aluminum foil, slightly dished to catch the drips. No water. Best rib makin' machine I have ever used. Best of all, you use it on your existing 22.  :)

I like the idea of adding the smoking/and or roti rings.  Did you have any experience with Cajun Bandit or other offerings to compare to the Smoke-EZ?

avega2792

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2019, 11:46:11 AM »
I checked that smoke ez site and it says they are out of stock and not in production right now.

FarmerQue

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2019, 11:54:56 AM »
Hmm.  Bummer.  I just looked at the design, didn't hit the store link

On another note I swung back into Ace today and admired the 26" I've been eyeing up for about 2 months now.  It's still there.   ;D

And of course the ad for the Summit is still active as well. Decisions.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 11:56:48 AM by FarmerQue »

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2019, 11:59:23 AM »
Jesus. Now all I can think about is trichinosis.

WSM's are nothing but Kettles with middle sections and lots of leak spots. Smoking can be done better and more easily without the middle section. Get a 26er. All those gadgets you are talking about are kind of useless. A Kettle with Weber baskets and some heavy duty aluminum foil is really all that is needed.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 12:01:05 PM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

avega2792

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2019, 12:22:44 PM »
Keep an eye out for a used 26er. I'm sure that will more than work out for what you need.

FarmerQue

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2019, 02:48:15 PM »
Keep an eye out for a used 26er. I'm sure that will more than work out for what you need.

Uhh.  This just popped up.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/for/d/wheaton-weber-charcoal-grill-26-inch/6842410452.html

avega2792

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2019, 07:12:11 PM »
I was going to give youna heads up about that!