Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Took me a while to figure out what was going on with this lid handle  (Read 627 times)

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Saw this photo of a kettle & it took me a while to figure out why the handle was so damned tall.
regards,
Hal

dazzo

• WKC Performer
Re: Took me a while to figure out what was going on with this lid handle
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 09:17:32 AM »
Was looking for the bucket, but, OTP?
Dude, relax your chicken.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 10:54:58 AM »
Yeah, it looks like a one touch "plus" or whatever they were called with a lid bale, but the thermometer through the handle and the "sleeve" that covers part of the probe are missing.
With the sleeve on, the handle doesn't look so very tall.  (I have a red mist SSP, which has the sleeve & thermometer on the handle, but I've never really noticed the handle was so tall).
regards,
Hal

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 11:26:19 AM »
Yeah, it looks like a one touch "plus" or whatever they were called with a lid bale, but the thermometer through the handle and the "sleeve" that covers part of the probe are missing.
With the sleeve on, the handle doesn't look so very tall.  (I have a red mist SSP, which has the sleeve & thermometer on the handle, but I've never really noticed the handle was so tall).

Yeah, that is definitely a thermo installed lid. The handles had to be taller for that. Yours is just missing the thermo/hardware.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 11:59:36 AM »
It isn't mine.

It is listed on Offerup in Chicago & I looked at it a couple times trying to figure out if I should see it in person since it did not look homemade or ask about it on here.  After going back to look at it again, I finally realized what it was.
regards,
Hal