Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I think I need to clean my Webers...  (Read 570 times)

dbhost

• WKC Brave
    • Daves Workshop Youtube page.
I think I need to clean my Webers...
« on: February 25, 2019, 10:05:31 AM »
So after last night's cook, I let both kettles burn all the way down to ash and cool naturally. This morning as I was leaving for work, I lifted the lid on one of them, to see a giant sheet of what looked like carbon paper fall off of the inside of the lid on my 3 wheeler...

Yep. Time to clean the grills...

Had another unexpected issue. I have hinged grates on both kettles, on the Jumbo Joe Premium, one of the sides the hinge slipped apart. I needed to open the loop slightly to get it to fit back together, and pinch the loop to secure it. I am going to pinch the loops on both hinged grates to keep this from happening again this upcoming weekend...
3 Kettles. 1998 Daisy Wheel 22.5, 2010 Smokey Joe Silver 14, 2018 Jumbo Joe Premium 22.5.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
Re: I think I need to clean my Webers...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 11:41:14 AM »
So after last night's cook, I let both kettles burn all the way down to ash and cool naturally. This morning as I was leaving for work, I lifted the lid on one of them, to see a giant sheet of what looked like carbon paper fall off of the inside of the lid on my 3 wheeler...

Yep. Time to clean the grills...

Had another unexpected issue. I have hinged grates on both kettles, on the Jumbo Joe Premium, one of the sides the hinge slipped apart. I needed to open the loop slightly to get it to fit back together, and pinch the loop to secure it. I am going to pinch the loops on both hinged grates to keep this from happening again this upcoming weekend...

Yeah, I have noticed that on the newer ones. Seems they are not the same gauge/quality as the older ones. Yeah, just pinch 'em... be fine.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.