Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Give and you shall receive  (Read 1127 times)

biddyK

• Smokey Joe
Give and you shall receive
« on: January 25, 2019, 06:14:48 PM »
Last weekend I gifted my baby brother my first Weber kettle (a 1977 MBH weathered warrior). It was his birth year kettle. Tuesday, while browsing Facebook marketplace, I came across this picture. Seller wanted $50 for everything in the picture. I saw at least 2 weber 3 vent bowls and 3 intriguing lids soI reached out and was told I was second in line, someone wanted everything. This evening, he contacted me and said the grills were still available. I loaded up the kids and drove 10 miles down the highway to pay him a visit. I came home with 3 grills for $20. Too cold to do much with them tonight but I think I have a 1978 MBH that will need at least 1 leg socket reattached (planning to do the   SS bolts and washers fix), one EZ code, and a mutt/sears model (he bowl looks weber but the handle and vent looks like a happy camper without the name and there was no ash bow).  More pics when the temps allow my fingers to function out in the shop.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
Re: Give and you shall receive
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 07:37:42 AM »
Im looking forward to seeing pics of the WW.

Did you get the wheels off that wheel barrow too?
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

biddyK

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 05:48:40 PM »
It didn't even cross my mind to grab the wheelbarrow wheels. Seller had someone that wanted that narrow. I kicked on the kerosene salamander today and looked at the bounty. The 1978 weber had a triangle that was a bit bent, as was the lid rim. I think I have these straightened up enough. I'm going to need at least 3 ss bolts and washers to shore up the leg sockets and make it airtight(er) but it should cook. Haven't done much with the other 2. One is an EZ code with the triangle with fewer crossbars, and the other is similar but no weber on the vents. Also noticed I only came home with 5 wheels and 2 of the legs I grabbed have leg sockets attached to them but all grills have all 3 sockets still attached.

biddyK

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 04:21:11 PM »
I took advantage of the above freezing temps and finally made the repairs to reassemble my favorite kettle of the haul.

MadGasser

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 05:01:49 PM »
Lookin' good.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Poorfolks

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 06:14:29 PM »
Nice!