Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: FUBAR! Start of a weekend  (Read 933 times)

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
FUBAR! Start of a weekend
« on: January 20, 2019, 01:45:30 AM »
So feeling better after being sick and after a long week at work I decided to go up north this weekend and check on the house. We, the wife and I always take separate cars due to me always wanting to stay a extra day or 14, but I decided we should take one.

Day One 6:AM... The plan set and me ready, I made my list of sh#t to do. I really wanted to be on the road around 4:PM and arrive around 8:PM so as to avoid the snow. I had chicken on my mind to grill since that rooster invaded.

Day One... 7:PM on the road.

Day Two 6:AM... wake up but not fully up north due to a snow storm we ran into. We made it up safe but we didn’t make it fully to our house..but $70.00 later after paying for a P.O.S. hotel we had to stay at with no hot water we were on the road again @ 6:30AM.

Day Two  8:AM... snow is not heavy, but still a long driveway to use with the snowblower. Charged the snowblower and it will not start. Time to go home! No I have a option... time to shovel by hand. 1 hour & 45 minutes later I was done.

Day Two 1:PM... Driveway done [emoji736]. Grill started [emoji736]. Wife home from shopping for lunch, breakfast, and dinner’s [emoji736]. Time to grill![emoji4]

After all that, a bad day up north is still better then a good day at work! [emoji23]

Did meatballs and red gravy for meatball sandwiches, Irish bangers and onion for sausage sandwiches, Mother Natures wonderful squash “spaghetti squash”, and cheese garlic bread, and lastly breakfast sausage

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 01:53:37 AM by Shoestringshop »
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

MadGasser

• WKC Brave
Re: FUBAR! Start of a weekend
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 04:46:14 AM »
Love me some squash on the grill.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 05:06:45 AM »
How about spaghetti squash for breakfast too?! Here's a throw down throw back:

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/grilling-bbqing/burger-month-entry-marty's-breakfast-burger/msg292037/#msg292037
Retired

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 06:12:36 AM »
Well the food looks awesome, good ending to a tough start

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 10:10:55 AM »
How about spaghetti squash for breakfast too?! Here's a throw down throw back:

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/grilling-bbqing/burger-month-entry-marty's-breakfast-burger/msg292037/#msg292037

Thanks! I’ll check that out for sure!

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 10:16:46 AM »
Well the food looks awesome, good ending to a tough start

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Still enjoying the trip. Not going to let a little bump in life screw this up for our weekend. Got food, charcoal, kettles, and lighters... oh ya and heat in the house helps also!

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 06:58:48 AM »
Well, all I can say is, enjoy. We've had bumps along the road getting to our nirvana, butt once we got there, it was all good.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 01:53:39 PM »
Well, all I can say is, enjoy. We've had bumps along the road getting to our nirvana, butt once we got there, it was all good.

Hell yes. Back home now getting settled in. my son shoveled the driveway and the path to the garage but not he deck. Ill deal with that tomorrow did a lot of grilling this weekend and have leftovers.