Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My first performer thanks to CatskillSmoker  (Read 361 times)

Jason G.

• Happy Cooker
My first performer thanks to CatskillSmoker
« on: March 28, 2021, 05:24:50 PM »
So last year I made the dive head first and got into charcoal and of course got a weber. My manager at work was big into them and gave me his old grill which is a 2011 AA code 22". Throughout the summer I bought a 2012 AU code 22" since I had already had a need for more space. They have been great and I made a ton of great meals, racks of ribs, pork butts but hated not having a table. I started searching for good used models but always found them beat up or not very local. I preferred the gen 2 with the stainless steel front and black frame and wanted a dark green, I posted on here and within 24 hours I was in CatskillSmoker's driveway buying a mint gen2 dark green performer deluxe DZ 2008 code. For being 13 years old it looks as good as new, Colin polished it up and cleaned the lid and bowl but it has also been very well taked care of throughout the years. It was a pleasure meeting him and buying just a beautiful example of exactly what I was looking for. Plus the small portion of his collection I saw was very impressive!

First cook was a 10.5lb boston butt along side one of my other kettles with another 10lb butt for some friends and family.

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
Re: My first performer thanks to CatskillSmoker
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 05:33:21 PM »
Awesome story and nice looking performer. Great first cook on your green Gen2 performer.

Colin is a stand up guy... Enough said!

Thanks for sharing your story and first cook.

Cheers

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 06:39:02 PM »
The food looks awesome and so do the grills!
Colin definitely hooked you up.
[emoji846]
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 06:45:24 PM »
Nice story and very cool how you came to this point in your journey.  This club is so cool and the members here are amazing.  I love hearing about how we help each other.  Nice looking cook.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 07:09:23 PM »
Nice meeting you brother and talking shop.
She was my daily driver for 5 years. I saw your post and figured it was going to a good home.
Hope it brings many years of cooking.

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2021, 10:59:17 PM »
Awesome job !!!!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2021, 04:20:45 AM »
Awesome story !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Bertl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2021, 01:41:09 PM »
Great Story and i am a littlebit jealous because i also would like to see Colin's "small" pristine collection in person.
Have fun with your New Performer

Sent from my SM-A715F using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2021, 02:57:17 PM »
Congratulations on your Gen II performer from Colin. It looks great. Even has the upgraded lid bale, that is a necessity in my book.

Nice looking butts too [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

bthorn9435

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2021, 04:34:25 AM »
Gen II performer's are the best other than maybe a SSP. I don't care for the newer look of the
Performers. The Gen II has a nice look with the stainless slotted front, and I love the recessed tool
holder in the center as well. Congratulations and enjoy it!
2013 18.5" Weber Smokey Mountain, 2007 Gen2 Performer w/Deep Ocean Blue Kettle Mod
68-70 Patent Pending 22.5 Daisy Wheel Red. 2021 Deep Ocean Blue Master Touch. 2013 22.5 Black One Touch Gold
2021 Ivory Smokey Joe