Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber 26.75 question..  (Read 1598 times)

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
Weber 26.75 question..
« on: January 03, 2019, 07:00:27 PM »
Weber made changes to the 26.75 kettle starting in 2015. I know they changed the ash bucket to the new "squeeze" style handle, they moved the lid vent to a new location, they changed the wheels to the newer style with real rubber tread, they added the heat shield to the lid handle, and they added the tool hooks into the bowl handle. Question: Does anyone know (or remember) if they changed the lid bale holder so that the lid sits nearly vertical in the holder like they did with the 22.5 grill? I can't seem to remember if this was one of the changes they made? Also, does anyone recall any other changes I haven't mentioned here? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 08:15:11 PM by ramsfan »
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

RemoGaggi

• Smokey Joe
Re: Weber 26.75 question..
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 07:15:06 PM »
ramsfan, my 26" is a 2017 model and here's a picture of the lid in the holder.  It's pretty close to being vertical.  I hope this helps.

18" Middy & 26" Kettle, SnS, Summit S-620, Broilmaster D3CP

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 01:58:17 AM »
Don't know whether it changed already in 2015 but currently there is also new style legs (with the blocking bolts)

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 03:24:10 PM »
My 2013 lid sits nearly vertical. 
One of the charcoal people.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Weber 26.75 question..
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 05:00:23 PM »
It doesn’t make any difference because it doesn’t have that damn table in the way like performers do. You have access three sides instead of one awkward area between the table and the lid.

But seriously, I think my 2011 sits vertical but I’ve never paid attention because it’s not in the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 01:45:53 PM »
This is my ad code.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 05:54:03 PM »
M AD code is no taco, black triangle, black bucket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 02:35:44 AM »
M AD code is no taco, black triangle, black bucket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Funny, my AD code 26er has a bolt on taco and black ash bucket and black triangle
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 07:08:19 AM »

Does anyone know (or remember) if they changed the lid bale holder so that the lid sits nearly vertical in the holder like they did with the 22.5 grill? I can't seem to remember if this was one of the changes they made? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

My 26er is a DE code (2009), and the lid sits nearly vertical. I find that it never gets in the way.
Unlike the new generation MTs.

IMG_8261.jpg" border="0

IMG_1902.jpg" border="0

Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 11:26:41 AM »
Thanks to everyone who responded to my question. I really appreciate the help. I called Weber and talked with a CSR. We ended up talking for quite a long while. He confirmed that there has never been any changes made to the lid holder of the 26.75 kettle, confirming what I had believed.

On a side note, I had done something that I had never done before ever: I took one single picture of the inside of "The Vault" in my basement and sent it to the Weber CSR. He couldn't believe what he saw! He sent me a bunch of small free Weber products for being such a loyal Weber customer. In case anyone is wondering, "The Vault" is not actually a vault (That's just what I call it). It's a very secure, locked room in my basement, concrete walls on three sides, packed with every vintage Weber accessory you could ever imagine. Only my wife (and the Weber CSR) have seen the inside of it. It's about 6X the Weber product I have in my garage - packed to the ceiling.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Weber 26.75 question..
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2019, 07:06:39 PM »
"The Vault" is not actually a vault (That's just what I call it). It's a very secure, locked room in my basement, concrete walls on three sides, packed with every vintage Weber accessory you could ever imagine. Only my wife (and the Weber CSR) have seen the inside of it. It's about 6X the Weber product I have in my garage - packed to the ceiling.

@ramsfan - Having seen the Weber collection in your garage, I’ve been dying to check out the Vault for awhile!  Waddya say, Bob? [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 08:17:04 AM by Bob BQ »
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"