Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Almost had to rescue a grill this morning  (Read 610 times)

james1787

• WKC Ranger
Almost had to rescue a grill this morning
« on: June 24, 2019, 10:40:55 AM »
It's bulk cleanup week here by me. For now the third year in a row, one of my neighbors has put out a 22" grill for bulk (Why are they throwing out a 22" grill every year and if these are cast-off's.. what do they have that are keepers??). Not needing another grill, especially a newer one.. I would normally wait til the actual pickup day and rescue it if it looks like it was going to go into the crusher. The first two I had to rescue. One went to @CatskillSmoker  who had a home for it. Another still sits in my driveway.. hoping to pass it along. Well, I was pleased to drive by the neighbors house today and saw someone had taken the grill and it's hopefully going to a good home! Otherwise I was going to have another 22" grill rescued from going to a landfill / recycler.  8)
Seeking either 56-58 anything or Westerner

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
Re: Almost had to rescue a grill this morning
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 12:09:21 PM »
It's bulk cleanup week here by me. For now the third year in a row, one of my neighbors has put out a 22" grill for bulk (Why are they throwing out a 22" grill every year and if these are cast-off's.. what do they have that are keepers??). Not needing another grill, especially a newer one.. I would normally wait til the actual pickup day and rescue it if it looks like it was going to go into the crusher. The first two I had to rescue. One went to @CatskillSmoker  who had a home for it. Another still sits in my driveway.. hoping to pass it along. Well, I was pleased to drive by the neighbors house today and saw someone had taken the grill and it's hopefully going to a good home! Otherwise I was going to have another 22" grill rescued from going to a landfill / recycler.  8)
If parts were more reasonable you wouldn't have this so much. Right now I have a cheap jumbo joe that I stole parts off of and the only thing I can do with it is use it as a chimney stand or ash bucket.  I guess it will work until I have to steal some wheels, triangle, or legs.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

james1787

• WKC Ranger
Re: Almost had to rescue a grill this morning
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 07:10:08 PM »
Yep, I'm guessing that's why they toss them. The one I grabbed last year and the one this year both were missing ash pans. The one I grabbed last year was also missing the top grate. I didn't peek underneath to see if the one out there this year had grates or not. The one this year was newer with plastic handles and ash sweep. The one last year had wooden handles & was a 3 wheeler (EO code I think). Next time I see the person who lives there I'm gonna ask what's with tossing the Webers to the curb each year...

Lots of "pickers" cruise through the neighborhood lookin for good stuff the weekend before stuff gets picked up. I'm just so happy someone grabbed it and hopefully is giving it a new loving home. :) 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 07:16:11 PM by james1787 »
Seeking either 56-58 anything or Westerner