Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Charcoal Summit question?  (Read 905 times)

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
Weber Charcoal Summit question?
« on: November 26, 2018, 09:02:49 AM »
Hey guys, I have a Weber Charcoal Summit grill. I want to get a cast iron cooking grate for it. I know Weber doesn't make one for this grill, but I know there is an after market grate out there that will fit because I have seen pictures and videos online of other people using them on this grill.

Can anyone tell me if they know which after market grate will fit? Manufacturer? Name? Size? Where to buy? etc. Any help with this is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

YardBurner

• WKC Ranger
Re: Weber Charcoal Summit question?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 09:23:12 AM »
If you can live with just a portion of your grill surface being CI look at a set of Weber CI replacement grates.
I picked up a set of NIB #7522 grates at a Goodwill for $15 and just place it on the regular grate and cook.
They measure 11 X 15 and are replacements for the Spirit 200 and work like a charm.
Other sizes are available and are cheaper and more versatile IMHO than a complete CI grate.

Plus I can move them from grill to grill.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 09:40:18 AM »
@chiku18 has one on his Summit, I believe he got it from Craycort, same size as the BGE xl I think @ramsfan
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 10:07:34 AM »
@chiku18 has one on his Summit, I believe he got it from Craycort, same size as the BGE xl I think @ramsfan

Correct - I got from Craycort

https://www.cast-iron-grate.com/index.php/grates-for-weber-charcoal-grills/summitcharcoal.html

I checked BGE XL grates (Half Grates at Dealer) and it worked as well. I think @JordanW uses that (http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/where-are-all-the-summit-owners/30/)
Looking for Colored 18 MBH

JordanW

• WKC Brave
    • Instagram - @bigtroublebbq
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 11:06:13 AM »
Hey guys, I have a Weber Charcoal Summit grill. I want to get a cast iron cooking grate for it. I know Weber doesn't make one for this grill, but I know there is an after market grate out there that will fit because I have seen pictures and videos online of other people using them on this grill.

Can anyone tell me if they know which after market grate will fit? Manufacturer? Name? Size? Where to buy? etc. Any help with this is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/KamadoJoe-BJ-HCICG-Half-Moon-Grate/dp/B00NIXBY74/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1543262677&sr=8-2&keywords=kamado+joe+big+joe+cast+iron

The only way to go. I have had the BGE XL ones too, these are way nicer and more solid feeling. Cheaper too I believe, especially with Amazon Prime. Cheers!

-J
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 11:17:59 AM by JordanW »

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 11:42:14 AM »
Thanks guys for all your help!
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"