Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cajun Bandit spit question  (Read 1189 times)

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
Cajun Bandit spit question
« on: November 14, 2018, 05:43:21 AM »
I have a vintage rotisserie ring for my 26” but I need to order the spit. CB has a 32” one, is that what I want length-wise? And I’m guessing since the CB spit doesn’t have the round groove cut in I need to also buy the bushing? Thanks y’all.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
Re: Cajun Bandit spit question
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 08:00:42 AM »
@Rub Didn't you ask this once before and were told the 9190 would work?
I have the same roti with the old spit that has no handle .

YardBurner

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 08:29:26 AM »
www.onegrill.com

Don't know if anything here will help
but it's always nice to have another resource.

Didn't see anything kettle specific.
They have a good selection of forks and baskets though.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 08:31:29 AM »
I have a BNIB Weber 9890 for Genesis gas grills.  The spit is 31 inches long and fits my vintage 26" rotisserie ring.  32" will be more than long enough.  If the CB spit does not have a groove, I would say yes, you will need a bushing for the spit to rest and turn in the ring. 
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 08:46:56 AM »
Check out One-Grill. They have plenty of sizes to choose from (and that's where CB gets theirs).

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 07:46:03 PM »
@Rub Didn't you ask this once before and were told the 9190 would work?
I have the same roti with the old spit that has no handle .
It wasn't 9190, but regardless I'm just looking for the spit. I'm not finding a spit from the one mentioned.
Thanks @Cellar2ful and @YardBurner I think that'll work.
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 08:11:44 AM »
I've got a one grill spit at home that I've been planning on trying to sell.  But honestly cant recall what size it is!  I'll try to grab it and see if it something anyone here might be interested in.
Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

robert-r

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 06:00:46 AM »
fwiw - it's ez to file a groove in a spit rod. Basically all you have to do is knock off the corners. Doesn't have to be perfect. CB uses a 1/2" hex spit for strength, so  you would probably have to do a bit more work with the file. Still, not that hard.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 06:03:43 AM by robert-r »
18.5 & 14.5 WSMs, 26.5 XL, 22.5 Performer, JJ, SJ, Genesis 330, OKJ Highland, Stackers, Roti Rings & Stick Burning Al Pastore Cooker

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2018, 05:44:40 PM »
fwiw - it's ez to file a groove in a spit rod. Basically all you have to do is knock off the corners. Doesn't have to be perfect. CB uses a 1/2" hex spit for strength, so  you would probably have to do a bit more work with the file. Still, not that hard.
Yeah I think I will go with the 1/2" over the 5/16 for strength.

Taking a closer look at the vintage 26 ring, the design seems poor. The side opposite the motor doesn't have an open slot, just a hole. So unless I'm missing something you'd have to have the ring with you to put the meat on the spit. I'm thinking about cutting a notch where the back hole is to make it way more user friendly.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2018, 08:29:01 PM »

The old, vintage rotisserie spits did not have wood handles on the end Rub.  It was just a metal rod with one end sharpened.  You had to thread the spit through the hole opposite the motor, then thread the other end back through the hole into the motor.  This was while having the weight of whatever meat was on the spit and work over hot coals.  It was even more challenging removing the spit when the food was done.  Hot metal spit, hot meat dripping fluids and again over hot coals.  I know because I used my vintage rotisserie once (and only once).  My vintage rotisserie rings and spits are just for show now. 
"Chasing Classic Kettles"