Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I was wrong about the SlowNSear  (Read 2013 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
Re: I was wrong about the SlowNSear
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 02:04:41 PM »
Great write up and nice video!
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 08:51:20 PM »
Nice video. The SNS is a great product. And mostly, "A convenience making machine." It just makes a lot of cooking jobs quicker and easier.

johnny 2 shack

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 01:56:15 PM »
agree nice video , i'm kinda on the fence about the slow n sear and i'm now swaying on the other side of the argument in my head . tks .

myc5

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 02:05:12 PM »
I have a SNS for my 26er. Thought I would like it but not really. There is less real estate for direct grilling vs just arranging the coals on the side.

I did like that I could use the holes on the bottom to sift the used lump to get the ash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
I was wrong about the SlowNSear
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 03:11:17 PM »
Never!  Traitor!  I was counting on you. Baskets for life. Picture from 2 seconds ago in my 26

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
I was wrong about the SlowNSear
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 03:15:43 PM »
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 01:18:36 AM by HoosierKettle »

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 05:20:46 PM »
agree nice video , i'm kinda on the fence about the slow n sear and i'm now swaying on the other side of the argument in my head . tks .
I was totally on the fence about the Slow n Sear, found one on Craigslist and wondered what the heck took me so long. Now I own 2 SnS+ and they virtually never leave the kettles. Great job on the video Joe.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

Brain_STL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 06:11:53 PM »
I absolutely love my SnS. I think it’s “required” for a kettle owner and it’s completely upped my game. For the Lou Crew - they just started to stock them at the St. Louis BBQ Store

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2018, 01:20:34 AM »
My criticism was too harsh. I was mainly joking. I would certainly use and enjoy one. Particularly in my old kettles. 

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2018, 03:47:36 AM »
My criticism was too harsh. I was mainly joking. I would certainly use and enjoy one. Particularly in my old kettles. 

It's only useful if you actually use it. I don't use it anymore therefore it's practically useless to me.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2018, 04:02:15 AM »

I don’t think so. I thought it was necessary until I really dialed in the snake. The best thing the SnS has going for it is the ability to get raging hot and keep the coals off the bowl of your vintage cookers. I use it as a beefy charcoal basket now, if I do anything low and slow I run a snake in my A code MBH. I know there have been videos and tests and others say the SnS is consistent but I ALWAYS get temp spikes when trying the minion method with it. Doesn’t matter what fuel, I always have water in the tray and additional water in a pan below the protein. I NEVER get temp spikes with a snake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

G-MO

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2018, 04:53:10 AM »
I have the baskets and the SNS and I love the SNS... the baskets have there purpose but for indirect heating with the water troth... SNS for the win!
Just Grill It!

order66

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2018, 04:11:43 PM »
Nice to see yo have come around Capt. !! : )
-JDP
| 22.5 Master Touch |22.5 OTG |Pit Barrel Cooker| U-Lime SJS | Kettle Pizza| Akorn Jr. | Big Green Egg | Jumbo Joe | Blackstone Griddle | Pit Boss Classic |

KettleMaster

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2018, 09:29:57 PM »
Im expecting my 1st SnS from Santa soon for 26er....but i will still run my trusty snake from time to time i dont mind the set up at all....its going to be a long cook anyways

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app