Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What is a good price for a rotisserie?  (Read 1365 times)

etruax

• WKC Brave
What is a good price for a rotisserie?
« on: June 03, 2013, 03:55:13 PM »
This showed up on craigs and I hesitated then tried to penny pinch and it is gone.

Just wanted the roti but the deal was a newer black OTG and the roti for $165.  Should have made a move then sold the OTG.  What is a good price for just the roti?

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: What is a good price for a rotisserie?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 05:43:46 PM »
An economics prof once told me, "Things are worth whatever someone is willing to pay."

Should have made a move then sold the OTG.

That would have netted you the rotisserie pretty inexpensively --- assuming you could have turned it quickly without giving it away --- but don't beat yourself up about it. Obviously you weren't sure you wanted to hassle with doing so.

Amazon is $140. Is it worth it to you, and are there frequent alternatives?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

etruax

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 06:52:54 PM »
Thanks for the good advice smoke.  I was not sure if they were sold anymore.   

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 06:59:11 PM »
You should have o problem finding a new Weber roti.  If you are considering the purchase of a new one, you should also look at the Cajun Bandit roti for the kettle.  They are fantastic.  Keep your eye out for a used one.  Id say under $100 is a decent deal....under $50 is a super deal.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 06:32:17 AM »
This is a hard question, etruax.  Because it's hard to know until you have one how much you will use/enjoy it. 

For myself, I came up on a deal similar to yours-- the roti packaged with a grill I didn't really want.  I was fortunate, though, that the grill was a real POS and it languished on CL for a few days and the seller was trying to move and so he finally considered separating the two items.  The only problem was he was somehow missing the spit and forks (how would you lose that?) and only had the ring and the motor.  I offered him $20, and he took it.  Then I got some aftermarket parts to finish out the system for another $30 (way, way cheaper than OEM stuff from Weber).  This was all done sometime last fall.

So is $50 a good deal?  I think so, because I use the thing on about half my cooks, and it has really turned out some amazing food.  It's lowered my food costs, too, because chicken is now much more tasty and interesting for dinner. 

For as much as I've already used it, I'd say I could have paid $75-100.  But do I enjoy it more because I paid less?  You betcha!  Would the food taste even better if I'd have gotten it for $25?  Of course!  That's the fun of the deal.  I paid more for my rotis than the Performer I use it on. 

The tough thing is that they just don't come up on CL very often in my experience.  But as others have said, if you're wanting to buy new, do take a look at the Cajun Bandit-- everyone agrees that they fit tighter and work better than the Webers.  I prefer the standard Weber, though, because I like plugging it into AC than fussing with batteries for the motor.  But I also end up sealing up the leaky ring with aluminum foil every time I use it.  FWIW.
One of the charcoal people.