Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Can anyone identify the brand of this larger charcoal basket?  (Read 814 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Can anyone identify the brand of this larger charcoal basket?
« on: November 02, 2018, 06:24:39 AM »
I'm doing an upgrade video on the 18 inch OTS and labeling the parts for reference but I haven't been able to find this larger charcoal basket.  I had it kicking around at the dock and realized due to it's larger size over standard Weber charcoal baskets it's like a poor man's version of a SnS in an 18.

I'm holding off on finishing the edit on the video in hopes that someone can identify the manufacturer.

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Cellar2ful

Re: Can anyone identify the brand of this larger charcoal basket?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 06:41:30 AM »

Those larger charcoal baskets came with the first year (1992 / O Code) of the Gen #1 MT's.  Don't know how many years they were produced though.  I have set that came with an O Code redhead I recently picked up at an estate sale.  @Heyjude has a brand new set.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 06:44:52 AM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Re: Can anyone identify the brand of this larger charcoal basket?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 06:48:13 AM »

Those larger charcoal baskets came with the first year (1992 / O Code) of the Gen #1 MT's.  Don't know how many years they were produced though.  I have set that came with an O Code redhead I recently picked up at an estate sale.  @Heyjude has a brand new set.

Ahhh so they're probably not available for purchase anymore and it wouldn't be useful to list a part number because they can't be.

Thanks a bunch Jim.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.