Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kettle age vs design.  (Read 688 times)

Chad Frost

• Happy Cooker
Kettle age vs design.
« on: October 23, 2018, 10:30:52 AM »
Greeting,
 Could use some help, picked up this kettle. The lid markings are for 1996. the bottom of the kettle is not a one touch system? looking at the age guide only confused me more, is this kettle miss matched with a WSM? or did Weber sell the original with this bottom in 1996?

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Kettle age vs design.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 10:38:47 AM »
You picked up a Bar-B-Kettle, economy kettle from the 90's.  Great cooker.

http://weberkettleclub.com/history/the-weber-master-touch-history/

BAR-B-KETTLE with 3 user installed daisy wheels, single front bowl handle (wooden), disk ash catcher with clips, black wheels, single center spoke triangle frame

This has become a FAQ and might be a good candidate for a sticky somewhere on the main page or age guide.
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Chad Frost

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 11:09:26 AM »
Thanks Kettlebb, what if it only has two wheels?

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 11:11:50 AM »
2 wheels or 2 bowl vents?  Kettles are on 3 legs with 2 wheels in the back and a leg post in the front.  I'm confused by the question.
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 12:34:08 PM »
2 wheels or 2 bowl vents?  Kettles are on 3 legs with 2 wheels in the back and a leg post in the front.  I'm confused by the question.

I think @Chad Frost got confused by the term "daisy wheels" and it didnt click that refers to the bowl vents.
Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

Chad Frost

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 12:44:23 PM »
I was confused! ( still learning). Thanks guys! Can’t wait to clean the new kettle up.